9 - Robert Lewandowski

Porque

Their gone now though. What alternative do we have to target upfront?

With the socios approving the asset sale, it is probably time for the media to be leaked a solid alternative as I feel Bayern will stick to their price until we meet it.

Barcilliant

Their gone now though. What alternative do we have to target upfront?

With the socios approving the asset sale, it is probably time for the media to be leaked a solid alternative as I feel Bayern will stick to their price until we meet it.

Stick with Auba and try out Fati and Torres at nine until we stabalise financially.
If you are going to spend these sums on Lew you might as well have gone for Nunez or Haaland.

gasgas

I am fine with 2 years contract and reasonable salary.

But knowing Barca, it will probably be 4+ years and Griezman salary

.................Ter Stegen
Kounde...Araujo....Koulibaly...Alba
..........pedri...de jong...gavi
.Raphinha...Lewandowski..Fati

And a new coach. No more Xavi please

FinBarcelonafan

I wish

Is Kounde good as a RB?

gregorrin10

We're not in the Bartomeu era anymore, no way it's gonna be anything more than a 3 year deal...maybe even a 2 year...he's 34 after all, not 32. I see us keeping him until he's 36 at the most...and on a reasonable salary, fixed at least. We'll probably promise him a couple of extra million as a bonus, if he meets certain (hopefully big) requirements. Winning just one CL in his time here would pay for itself, if it somehow (unlikely, but still) happens. Even winning La Liga next year would be great.

Andresito

Staff member
Should go for a Umtiti type of contract. 4-5 years but with a possibility of breaking it after 2-3.

It's another one of those short term solutions which will have to be paid for later, but in our situation we need to strengthen. Hopefully we'll be back to 'normal' by then, and our talents will have grown to be able to carry the weight. Because a few years from now I think we'll have to have a summer where the spending is very low, to accomodate for all the delayed payments.

Porque

Stick with Auba and try out Fati and Torres at nine until we stabalise financially.
If you are going to spend these sums on Lew you might as well have gone for Nunez or Haaland.

I'd cap at 30m personally, and that would also be dependent on wages and contract length. Selling 600m worth of assets to clear debt then going big on a 34 year old player would make Laporta look like he and Barto are cut from the same cloth (well, for a time they were).

I get the sentiment of trying to take the shortest route to return the top, but a big money superstar who from reports, may not fit the salary structure we are trying to implement can be counter-productive long term. We will then be tasked to replace in 2-3 seasons time while age can catch up at anytime. And haven't we learnt that when age does catch up overall, the system for modern day football cracks.

Under no illusions that Auba is near being a world class striker right now but let's not forget that he is the top scorer in LaLiga since he arrived. While the right side lost Messi, replaced by Dembele and now lost Dembele. Could Salah also with a year left be an alternative for example, with Auba/Fati being at ST.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

So apparently Bayern are meeting Liverpools price for Mane according to Sky News.
I expect this will have a domino effect with us getting very close to what Bayern want.

Porque

We're going to pay what Bayern want or close to it, because Laporta wants to tell the world we are back through it. He might be right, shame we couldn't connect Haaland.

Catta

Paying Bayern the asking price for Lewa won't tell the world that we are back, it will tell them that we are still the same idiotic club who pays over the top on players who are not even worth half the money we pay.

FinBarcelonafan

Paying Bayern the asking price for Lewa won't tell the world that we are back, it will tell them that we are still the same idiotic club who pays over the top on players who are not even worth half the money we pay.

To old Socios we are back. We can promote big name too.

Home of Barca Fans