9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosting

I'm fairly certain the impact of arguably the best striker in the world will be much much bigger than what Benatia could bring to Barca. Everyone agrees that Atletico had the tightest defense in Europe last season. They've conceded 26 goals over 38 games. Barca in it's worst shape conceded 33 with Pinto and Bartra playing large parts of the season and Tata giving up on his own job from February onwards. Rather € 80M for a forward who scored 31 and assisted 12 goals in 33 games, a genuine world class match winner, than € 50M for Benatia who will look as clueless as anyone else when Bale is running at him 1 vs. 1 in oceans of space, maybe fixing a few aerial plays. Fixing the defense will be mostly a tactical job.

Can't believe how boring Culés are. Messi, Iniesta, Suarez, Neymar. How does that not make people cream themselves? It would be the most talented attacking quartet I've ever seen in modern football.

+1, our problem in defence is we play such a high line we are susceptible to the counter, any team would be no matter who you have in defence. If we want a stronger defence it would be better to drop our defensive line back a bit and not leave half a pitch for Ronaldo/Bale to run into or any other fast attackers.

This world cup has shown once again that players from Iran, Algeria, Costa Rica can defend against much much stronger teams, thus proving defence is all about organisation and tactics, not one player doing it all himself. Attack however that is where you need the inspiration that is where players like Suarez, Robben and Messi have been the difference in games.

Yes we should buy a centre back to replace Mascherano and I would buy a right back to replace Alves, but we shouldn't spend 50mill, defenders are not worth it.

XaviTheCreator

I guess the good thing is that when Suarez goes mental (and he will go mental at some point) we have Deulo and Rafinha waiting in the wings so we can afford to roll the dice with this loony

L

linetty

Puyol: "Luis Suarez? He's a great forward. I have played against him and it's very difficult to mark him."

ammarfcb

ze special one
Any one wanna take bets on the ban being lifted the minute his pictured in a barca

I learnt fifa hated us in the club world cup long ago with those 3 disallowed goals

Egert

Estonian Culé
Liverpool ask 88M for Luis Suarez. They don't accept Alexis as part of the deal as they want to build new team around English players. [e3]

Liverpool ask 88M for Luis Suarez. They don't accept Alexis as part of the deal as they want to build new team around English players. [e3]

There goes any chance of Liverpool making the CL :lol:

Alexis is better than any English player right now. If I were Liverpool, I would have taken him as part of the deal. That way, they wouldn't have needed to look for a replacement for Suarez. I have a feeling they're gonna regret not taking Sanchez.

Last edited:

André

Guys what do you think about Suarez in our team? He is the best ST, never thought he would come. I am so excited...

How do you think they will play? Because Messi will never move to RW and Suarez doesnt play there.

L

linetty

How do you think they will play? Because Messi will never move to RW and Suarez doesnt play there.
Messi drops deep and has a free role.

Neymar - Suarez
-----Messi------
Iniesta---Raki---
------Busi------

Guys what do you think about Suarez in our team? He is the best ST, never thought he would come. I am so excited...

My guess is he'll start at RW and drift to the striker position, like Villa vs Milan.

Him being one of the 2 strikers in front of Messi (the other being Neymar) in a diamond formation is also a possibility.

Last edited:

Egert

Estonian Culé
Messi drops deep and has a free role.

Neymar - Suarez
-----Messi------
Iniesta---Raki---
------Busi------

This is some scary attack. If we only could get the defense sorted out and we would have UCL trophy back in Camp Nou.

André

They could play with 2 ST and Messi behind them like Chile but i dont think so. Also Suarez starts as RW and moves to the center. Anyway in both formations, the RW will be often without a player, meaning Alves/Cuadrado would advance more.

Lucho likes Masche a lot and I think they will play few times like this

Suarez
Neymar - Iniesta/Messi - Pedro/Alexis/Messi/Rafinha
Busquets - Masche/Rakitic

Vilarrubi

I'm fairly certain the impact of arguably the best striker in the world will be much much bigger than what Benatia could bring to Barca. Everyone agrees that Atletico had the tightest defense in Europe last season. They've conceded 26 goals over 38 games. Barca in it's worst shape conceded 33 with Pinto and Bartra playing large parts of the season and Tata giving up on his own job from February onwards. Rather € 80M for a forward who scored 31 and assisted 12 goals in 33 games, a genuine world class match winner, than € 50M for Benatia who will look as clueless as anyone else when Bale is running at him 1 vs. 1 in oceans of space, maybe fixing a few aerial plays. Fixing the defense will be mostly a tactical job.

Can't believe how boring Culés are. Messi, Iniesta, Suarez, Neymar. How does that not make people cream themselves? It would be the most talented attacking quartet I've ever seen in modern football.

+1

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona

:worthy: Finally some sense

ammarfcb

ze special one
There goes any chance of Liverpool making the CL :lol:

Alexis is better than any English player right now. If I were Liverpool, I would have taken him as part of the deal. That way, they wouldn't have needed to look for a replacement for Suarez. I have a feeling they're gonna regret not takin Sanchez.

Blind english hate. We've played with 5-6 English players regular all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans