9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Alexis apparently prefer Arsenal(London the way I see it) for personal reasons. Arsenal better pull out atleast 35m pounds instead of hovering around with meaningless bids.

jairzinho

Why did we pay Neymar's father anyway? Did he own part of Neymar's transfer rights or something?

If I'm correct, at the time of the transfer, Santos did not exclusively own 100% of Neymar's rights. His parent's company N&N owned the largest stake in his economic rights with the rest being other 'partners' in Sao Paulo and other parts of Brazil. I guess that's the rationale for the money going to them. It's something that Flavia can explain in more detail aswell. Third party ownership is nothing new in Brazil. It was the same thing when Oscar left Porto Alegre to go to Chelsea, of course in this case it was less money. Internacional did not receive the full transfer fee, probably only 45 or 50%.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
80 million + is still way too much for Suarez

Exactly... And like I said before, we need to reinforce other parts of the team with more urgency, so using a huge part of our budget on players that are not a priority is just stupid... The way I see this deal is a smoke screen from the board, to disguise all their wrong doings and giving people a big name to distract them...

Besides, if we pay 80 million for him, just imagine how much teams will try to milk from us for players we actually need, like CBs, RBs and CMs...

This board is absolutely clueless about making business and should be stopped sooner rather than later!

Rival

How we can pay more than 80 million is beyond me. Stunning logic once again from the board. First of all; our attacking line is currently our best stocked. Suarez is already 27 and by the time he can play his first game for us he will be 28 years old. No resale value, and how much more years at the top? Bad deal.

mazp

How we can pay more than 80 million is beyond me. Stunning logic once again from the board. First of all; our attacking line is currently our best stocked. Suarez is already 27 and by the time he can play his first game for us he will be 28 years old. No resale value, and how much more years at the top? Bad deal.

Jesus, he's 27-28, not 31.. Their is no resale value. He's part of our new cycle. If he helps us win a few ligas and a CL during that time, he could leave for free, for all I care.

Stric

80 mil for a guy that os among the top three in the world, dont see how its bad

It's bad when you're skimping on top priorities. We've been desperate for a CB for years. Imagine how quickly it would be dealt with if our club was willing to offer those amounts for a defender. Forwards are spectacular signings, the board is doing this for themselves, not for logical reasons. If we buy Suarez for 80M, that will amount to 137M in only two transfer windows for forwards, yet 0€ for CBs in the last god-knows-how-many transfer windows.

Last edited:

Rival

Jesus, he's 27-28, not 31.. Their is no resale value. He's part of our new cycle. If he helps us win a few ligas and a CL during that time, he could leave for free, for all I care.

Still, the rumoured 80 million figure is too much for our best stocked positions. Do we really need him? I mean.. seriously..

Zebulun

since we're pretty much saying goodbye to jugadorazo, Sexx, we may as well come up with a nickname for suarez... any sugestions...

mazp

Still, the rumoured 80 million figure is too much for our best stocked positions. Do we really need him? I mean.. seriously..

You don't say no to WC players, especially ones that want to come. Also, he's an instant upgrade over Sanchez, Pedro, Tello, etc. He offers something different to those players, he's a game changer, something those guys aren't. We finally found Eto'o replacement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans