8 - Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

serghei

In peak form. I think if you ask him to do 5 stadium laps, he can't do it atm without taking a long pause.

He offers nothing. Hws good at defebding snd thsts about it. He should be playing busquets position and we should find a proper player for his position

mc_lovin

I agree with some of the criticism, but truth be told hes an absolute water carrier right now. We have two players who move between lines in the offensive 3rd - Pedri and Griezmann. The latter should absolutely have a different job though. No threat upfront either.

Its easier to look good when consistently asking for the ball (like Puig), but I am not sure thats what we need.

fergus90

I'd be very surprised if he played 60% of his minutes next season under a different manager.

He's almost become Koeman's project to prove he was right in discarding Puig and Pjanic rather than getting the appropriate time he needs to integrate sensibly for 95% of players his age.

I feel bad for him out there as he just looks way off it now.

serghei

I'd be very surprised if he played 60% of his minutes next season under a different manager.

He's almost become Koeman's project to prove he was right in discarding Puig and Pjanic rather than getting the appropriate time he needs to integrate sensibly for 95% of players his age.

I feel bad for him out there as he just looks way off it now.

Yep. 100%. Rarely saw a more stubborn manager than Koeman.

CatalinR10

he looks like he's about to collapse any minute now

this was his 50th game of the season ?

shit game but he's clearly dead tired

Puig would have been 3 times better that Pedri today

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
he looks like he's about to collapse any minute now

this was his 50th game of the season ?

shit game but he's clearly dead tired

Puig would have been 3 times better that Pedri today

Child Protective Services should take him away.

Koeman treating him like a sweatshop worker.

BusiTheKing

How about when Player A fails that one pass in a bad position and the other team makes a counter and scores? Because Player A doesn't have the capacity to differentiate when you have to try a difficult pass, and when you have to temporize and play it safe.

And how about when Player B makes 3 out of 4 good passes, neither of which is registered as an assist because they are made in deeper positions, but all 3 passes put the attackers and attacking midfielders in great positions.

It was a fixed premise thought experiment to illustrate how stats like ball progression and ball retention are meaningless in a vacuum.

Nothing to do with Pedri as a player really, more to do with using dumb measures to evaluate him.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Bunch of upset people overreacting here. He is 18 years old and has played about 50 games in his second-ever season of professional football. Clearly burned out mentally and physically. Koeman shouldn't have used him this much.

BusiTheKing

A good rest would surely help but if it's a week since your last game and you move around like that from the first minute, then you have another problem.

Home of Barca Fans