8 - Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

BusiTheKing

suppose it was the fatigue deteriorating his cognitive abilities as well, forcing him to make stupid passes and run straight into opponents?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pedri and Frenkie are both gassed.

These guys actually run and hustle every game but barely get any rest.

hardyboy

Him playing 50 games this season is exactly the reason of our failure. How far have we fallen? From Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets, Rakitic to this fraud playing 50+ games. Absolutely ashtonishing. He should only be used as a sub and a proper attacking midfielder needs to be brought in. He is the kind of player who will have zero impact in a midtable team. Lets accept it our team is shit with bunch of average bloaks except for Messi, De jong and Busquets
who are carrying the team. Without them we don't even finish top 4.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
That said, there were problems with him today bar the slowness and sloppiness that I attribute to mental and physical fatigue. His lack of physicality really showed as well with how easily Atleti players (particularly Llorente) were able to bully him off the ball.

fergus90

That said, there were problems with him today bar the slowness and sloppiness that I attribute to mental and physical fatigue. His lack of physicality really showed as well with how easily Atleti players (particularly Llorente) were able to bully him off the ball.

Yes, at the beginning of the season he was immense at knicking the ball back of the opposition. I think you're spot on with the mental fatigue side of things. What worries me is that players can get their more adventurous tendencies either coached out of them or they naturally fizzle out because of mental fatigue. Then before you know it, that is their playstyle.

It's like has decided to play safer, which ironically he seems to be making more errors with, almost going against his natural instincts as a player.

It's difficult really because I do feel now that Koeman is almost parading Pedri as his reason for not using anyone else and it's putting him unnecessarily in the firing line. Even Lionel flipping Messi had a more gentle introduction to first team football at Barcelona.

serghei

Yea, problem is he is small and not too quick either...

Laplacian

Aye. Expect him to carry the team aged 18.

Hard sell

It's dumb squad building. There are affordable creative no. 8s all over Europe, good enough for this squad (probably even better), but Barcelona won't make the smart decision and buy 1 or 2. Expect another season of relying off Pedri, jesus christ.

I said it last summer transfer window, we need another no. 8. We can't rely on kids. No elite team in the fucking world does that.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans