7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Chainsaw

Killahead
Name few players who are available and are on the level of Coutinho? Lemar for sure is't his level like some people here are suggesting, not to mention Monaco would request over 90 mil for him. The worst possible thing would be to sign Di fucking Maria! I would rather pay 200 for Coutinho than 20 for Di Maria.

Koke
Saul Niguez
Christian Eriksen
Javier Pastore
Ilkay Gundogan
Marco Reus
Arturo Vidal
Joao Mario
Thomas Lemar
Manuel Lanzini

I'm not gonna say who is better than who, but the board could actually have some other alternatives in the case they can't have their hands on their target. You know, Coutinho is not the only solution on earth for FC Barcelona's midfield.

Look I hate our board but I don't think that would have changed a thing. Lpool want's a huge amount of money for him, they didn't even want to sell to start with.
Our board couldn't have known in June that Neymar will leave and in July it became obvious what will happen so even than Lpool would have requested similar amount.

Even with Neymar Barca still needed reinforcements in midfield and attack. If they moved faster in the market and wasn't obsessed with only one or two players, which the club usually is, they could get the players at a lower price, before PSG comes and screw up the market.

Devils

We were said to be after Seri until a couple of days ago. You on the other hand keep telling yourself that the board had no backup plan to anything, its either Verratti or Coutinho, no other midfielder will join. You start your whole theory with a "if". You simply dont know what they are doing. I said that you are just claiming stuff while pretending it to be the truth. And that is the reality.

Nope, wrong again.

I said Coutinho is the only world class target to spend big money on, hence why I said pay at 'any price'. Does that mean we wont activate Dani Parejo's buyout on the final day out of panic, of course not. But you are kidding yourself if you think that counts as a midfield signing of the profile of which we were chasing all summer.

That's the truth, either we bring in Coutinho or no world class midfielder comes. Not a claim at all.

Jombi

Nope, wrong again.

I said Coutinho is the only world class target to spend big money on, hence why I said pay at 'any price'.

You said that we will either buy Coutinho or no one. No other players will be targeted. There is no backup plan. So now you are changing your story when its proven that you dont know what you are talking about.

springfield

Koke
Saul Niguez
Christian Eriksen
Javier Pastore
Ilkay Gundogan
Marco Reus
Arturo Vidal
Joao Mario
Thomas Lemar
Manuel Lanzini

I'm not gonna say who is better than who, but the board could actually have some other alternatives in the case they can't have their hands on their target. You know, Coutinho is not the only solution on earth for FC Barcelona's midfield.

Koke - Good, but would also be hard to get also not sure if he would be a good fit with barcas playing style
Saul - Just signed a lifetime contract with Atletico
Eriksen - Good, but would also be hard to get
Pastore - No thanks
Gundogan - Good but would fit less in 4231
Reus - half season player
Vidal - Not what Barcelona need

Devils

You said that we will either buy Coutinho or no one. No other players will be targeted. There is no backup plan. So now you are changing your story when its proven that you dont know what you are talking about.

Not changing my story and you are wrong again.

I can't help that you miss the point on all areas and need extensive elaboration to understand. Same as with the 'any price' statement.

:salute:

Chainsaw

Killahead
Koke - Good, but would also be hard to get also not sure if he would be a good fit with barcas playing style
Saul - Just signed a lifetime contract with Atletico
Eriksen - Good, but would also be hard to get
Pastore - No thanks
Gundogan - Good but would fit less in 4231
Reus - half season player
Vidal - Not what Barcelona need

Coutinho is not all that either. He's just a very good player with a crazy pricetag.

springfield

Coutinho is not what Barca need? Who will be their when there is no Iniesta? Roberto or Rakitic?
I'm not saying someone Coutinho is all we need, because we still need someone like Verratti also.

Last edited:

Jombi

Not changing my story and you are wrong again.

I can't help that you miss the point on all areas and need extensive elaboration to understand. Same as with the 'any price' statement.

:salute:

You did. You were insisting that it is Coutinho or no one so no other options are possible. No Lemar, no Seri, no Fabinho, nothing. Its Coutinho or no one. Now you are suddenly changing your tune.

Mesimenia

My opinion is that if we sign Lemar then you will get Coutinho. If we don't sign anyone then he will stay.

pls. don't give bluff. LFC will not sell him even they get Lemar. if Klopp said he will not go then Barca has chance to get him. but it's the owner who gave official statement that he won't be sold. so for their sake they will not sale what ever the matter. LFC has one hell of a stubborn owner. they will never take hit on their reputation.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Coutinho is not what Barca need? Who will be their when there is no Iniesta? Roberto or Rakitic?
I'm not saying someone Coutinho is all we need, because we still need someone like Verratti also.

He's overrated and overpriced. He's a hot and cold player. Not even a 100m player, let alone 150m.

Raketa10

Koke
Saul Niguez
Christian Eriksen
Javier Pastore
Ilkay Gundogan
Marco Reus
Arturo Vidal
Joao Mario
Thomas Lemar
Manuel Lanzini

Even with Neymar Barca still needed reinforcements in midfield and attack. If they moved faster in the market and wasn't obsessed with only one or two players, which the club usually is, they could get the players at a lower price, before PSG comes and screw up the market.

Koke - NOT AVAILABLE
Saul Niguez - NOT AVAILABLE
Christian Eriksen - NOT AVAILABLE
Javier Pastore - WTF???
Ilkay Gundogan - NOT AVAILABLE + dude is injured 90% of the time
Marco Reus - WTF??? (dude is injured 99% of the time)
Arturo Vidal - NOT AVAILABLE
Joao Mario - BE SERIOUS
Thomas Lemar - 90 + MIL
Manuel Lanzini - WHO?

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
Koke - NOT AVAILABLE
Saul Niguez - NOT AVAILABLE
Christian Eriksen - NOT AVAILABLE
Javier Pastore - WTF???
Ilkay Gundogan - NOT AVAILABLE + dude is injured 90% of the time)
Marco Reus - WTF??? (dude is injured 99% of the time)
Arturo Vidal - NOT AVAILABLE
Joao Mario - BE SERIOUS
Thomas Lemar - 90 + MIL
Manuel Lanzini - WHO?

lol, and Barca is dicking around for a player who is also injured and his club consider him Unavailable. Oh the irony!

springfield

He's overrated and overpriced. He's a hot and cold player. Not even a 100m player, let alone 150m.

He's not overrated, he is overpriced but that's because the situation Barcelona is in. Without the Neymar transfer, Coutinho would be available for maybe 80M. For any other player Barcelona will have to overpay this summer. I'm not saying he's the best in his position and there are no other players possible. But he does fit Barcelona. I already said before that Barcelona should have enquired about multiple players to keep all options open and don't give Liverpool the feeling that he's the one and only.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans