7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Zuti

And what should have our board done differently regarding Coutinho??? Lpool determines the price and not our board so you can either buy him for 120/130 +variables or not at all.

Many people here are claiming that 120+variables is too much but none of you are considering the fact that another bad year will also cause money loss. The fact is that we need him ASAP and 20 mil eur more or less won't destabilize the club in the long term but the lack of results for sure will. We may even lose more money if we don't sign him than if we do considering the fact that we lost big share of marketing profit with Neymar leaving.

Unfortunately football today is not only about trophies but also about money from commercials, money from selling shirt's, money from sponsorship etc. Do some of you honestly think we would have gotten that amount of money from Rakuten by having Deulofeu and Vidal as our wingers? For sure not!

When you take all of this into consideration signing Coutinho is a must looking both from the sport and commercial side of the deal. He might be overpriced in comparison with Neymar but the fact that he is our ONLY solution right now we really do not have much of a choice from my point of view.

Our board could and should have done a lot of things differently regarding Coutinho, he should have been brought before Neymar left, the only thing the board can't be blamed for is Dembele pricetag, he is direct replacement for Neymar and expected to cost a fortune after we cashed in on Ney mar.
MF signings should have been priority along with RB which we signed on time.
The whole Verratti illusion cost us this whole mess we are in now.
They should have known better, most of us here did, you'd expect the board to be a little more aware of market situations then the average fan.

None of this matters anymore tho, we are in a mess we created ourselves, now suck it up, and pay up for Coutinho, and be done with it.

Chong Li

I hope he stays far away from Barca.

No way he's worth 100M+

The wise thing to do would be signing Lemar instead, but knowing our current board...:neymar:

SimoSky

I think today or tomorrow one between Coutinho, Lemar and Di Maria will be a Barca player.

These are percentage of possibility:

Di Maria 50%
Coutinho 30%
Lemar 20%

Raketa10

If you only have 1 player on your list, then you get situations like this. Just like Dembele. Dortmund even said that Dembele is their only option so they have to pay their price or be left behind without him. If you start talks with multiple players for the same position then you get a different situation.

Name few players who are available and are on the level of Coutinho? Lemar for sure is't his level like some people here are suggesting, not to mention Monaco would request over 90 mil for him. The worst possible thing would be to sign Di fucking Maria! I would rather pay 200 for Coutinho than 20 for Di Maria.

Our board could and should have done a lot of things differently regarding Coutinho, he should have been brought before Neymar left, the only thing the board can't be blamed for is Dembele pricetag, he is direct replacement for Neymar and expected to cost a fortune after we cashed in on Ney mar.
MF signings should have been priority along with RB which we signed on time.
The whole Verratti illusion cost us this whole mess we are in now.
They should have known better, most of us here did, you'd expect the board to be a little more aware of market situations then the average fan.

None of this matters anymore tho, we are in a mess we created ourselves, now suck it up, and pay up for Coutinho, and be done with it.

Look I hate our board but I don't think that would have changed a thing. Lpool want's a huge amount of money for him, they didn't even want to sell to start with.
Our board couldn't have known in June that Neymar will leave and in July it became obvious what will happen so even than Lpool would have requested similar amount.

I hope he stays far away from Barca.

No way he's worth 100M+

The wise thing to do would be signing Lemar instead, but knowing our current board...:neymar:

And Lemar is worth 90+ ??? :facepalm:

Last edited:

Messi983

Yes but what I mean is that we didnt plan for replacing Neymar only after we sold him which was 2 late and the price bomb has already been dropped. U wanna sell neymar and make 220m? no problem but make sure u have replacments first not after.. that's what I mean. And that's what made things so complicated with dembele and now with coutinho.
If we had a backup plan in the 1st place we would never be in this situation four days or so left for the transfer market and we still dont have coutinho or any proper midfield player.

Agree with that but I still blame Neymar too. IF he'd make his intentions to leave clear to the board before (I think he already decided at least at the end of last season that he'll leave) instead of behaving like he's still undecided about that and let everyone in the club trying to convince him to stay while he just used 2 weeks of US Tour for his personal promotion and waited for his bonus we'd have much more time to plan.

Zuti

LFC sources are suspiciously silent on this matter in the last few days, if you take in account that he has apperently said that he doesn't want to be included in the CL players list, and that he will travel to play for Brazil in the int. break, even tho he is "injured" for Liverpool. Silence might be a good sign, I mean , we don't even get the usual "what are they smoking in Barca" anymore.

mesiesta

One of my friends just posted that 150M€ deal is done and it will be announced today-tomorrow (he has some relations with club infrastructure).

coutinho.jpg

SimoSky

If Coutinho go with National Team and he has never played a single minute in 5 official races match the Reds it meansonly one thing: he will join Barca yes...or yes.

Mesimenia

If Coutinho doesn't come to us this year, he might never has the chance again, because next year Barca will have a few more attractive options.

Yesterday Liverpool just beat Arsenal 4-0 without Coutinho. This means Liverpool can still have a successful season without him.

And Liverpool also know that that ridiculous price (150 mil) for Coutinho only happens this year. Barca will never offer that price again at any point in the future, not even 2/3 of that I believe.

That's why I still think we will have Coutinho this summer.

ok. Barca may not give this price next year but there is another team who may pay this fee. his mate's club. you know what I mean.

Home of Barca Fans