7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Devils

You did. You were insisting that it is Coutinho or no one so no other options are possible. No Lemar, no Seri, no Fabinho, nothing. Its Coutinho or no one. Now you are suddenly changing your tune.

Jombi, do you really think that I would say buy him at 'any price' if I wasn't referring to a profile of an established world class player? so yes, when I say Coutinho or no one it means that we are not signing a midfielder of the profile we've been chasing this entire summer if we don't sign Coutinho.

There is simply no other way around it.

Jombi

Jombi, do you really think that I would say buy him at 'any price' if I wasn't referring to a profile of an established world class player? so yes, when I say Coutinho or no one it means that we are not signing a midfielder of the profile we've been chasing this entire summer if we don't sign Coutinho.

There is simply no other way around it.

You dont even know what you think yourself anymore. So now "no one" means Lemar, Fabinho, Seri and dozens of other players.

Raketa10

If he comes and I am almost sure he will I'll be more than happy to see such a class player here. It was clearly visible against Alaves that our attack is absolutely sterile on both wigs. If Messi continues to play behind striker which he for sure will than Dembele + Coutinho is the best possible buy option for us.

And one more important thing, Dembele can play on both wings and Coutinho can play as LW and AM so they both could be used in different ways which gives us a possibility to change between 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1.

Stegen - Alba,Pique, Umtiti, Semedo - Busi, Roberto - Coutinho, Messi, Dembele - Suarez

with Iniesta, Masche, Rakitic on the bench would be a fantastic squad IMHO. I would also dare to say that Deulofeu when having his day is much more agile than i.e. Rafinha so he could actually influence a game as a bench player from time to time. The biggest problem is the lack of backup striker if Suarez get's injured since Paco until now hasn't been a useful backup at all.

Last edited:

Devils

You dont even know what you think yourself anymore. So now "no one" means Lemar, Fabinho, Seri and dozens of other players.

Are those established world class players? Nope. And hence not of the profile we've been targeting the entire summer.

My point still stands.

Sorry you can't understand that.

Messi983

Yes, still shouldn't say that on Barça official TV.

People will now just say that Barça TV has said we'll sign Coutinho. Nobody will say that it was just his opinion and that he doesn't work for Barça TV.

It's wrong and Romero should know better. He can express his opinion on RAC1 and twitter.

Devils

Liverpool are being linked to Sanches and Lemar. I think that if they land them (or one of them) we are getting Coutinho. Probably what Romero is basing is interview on.

Not sure I would count on Liverpool though, they've been atrocious all window.

Jombi

Are those established world class players? Nope. And hence not of the profile we've been targeting the entire summer.

My point still stands.

Sorry you can't understand that.

Irrelevant. You changed your tune as soon as I brought up Seri. Prior to that, you stated that no one will arrive if Coutinho doesnt join and claimed its meaningless to talk about any alternatives, whether Lemar, Fabinho, Seri etc as its Coutinho or no one. Clearly nonsense, and you dont know what goes on behind the scenes.

Last edited:

cro-man

He thinks? LOL bullshit... Not the first time i read someone thinks.. Made up or is someone trolling them with false information? I actually dont care but it would be a mistake not try to improve our messed up midfield...

Zuti

Irrelevant. You changed your tune as soon as I brought up Seri. Prior to that, you stated that no one will arrive if Coutinho doesnt join and claimed its meaningless to talk about any alternatives, whether Lemar, Fabinho, Seri etc as its Coutinho or no one. Clearly nonsense, and you dont know what goes on behind the scenes.

There is no alternative to Coutinho 3 days before window closes, do you rly think you can start negotiations and sign a quality player for a fair price in 3 days? No chance.
Seri could still come, but has nothing to do with the Coutinho transfer,he is not a Coutinho alternative, and negotiations were already underway.

Home of Barca Fans