7 - Ferran Torres

jamrock

Bet is on. Go scour the posts.

Fuq no I'm not doing all that, crazy af.

But you know it's true, in your many attempts that be funny ( you're not) at Xavi's expense, you've made fun of his signings.

Which isn't a big deal, just make up your minds.

JamDav1982

And there we go.

As expected. Jamrock backs oot.

'Willing to bet'.

'Lets bet'.

'No I cant be bothered with that'.

Sensational.

Usual.

Make up mind on 'even better this season' Kessie.

Make up mind on 'looks shite' Lamal etc.

Make up your minds lads.

jamrock

😂😂 y'all funny if you think I'll search through a punch of post to argue on the internet.

But if that's something you do, that's cool.

ajnotkeith

Point is if you sign a player on 55m fee and a big contract then you have to do some research on how they fit in the system.

Seems like we brought him here, worked out pretty quick he is not a fit for this touchline role Xavi wants from winger, and then got put on the scrap heap for new toy Raphinia, who also isn't the right fit for the position, leaving Dembele as the best option who was already there before either of them came.

Could have been spent more optimally.

jamrock

Point is if you sign a player on 55m fee and a big contract then you have to do some research on how they fit in the system.

Seems like we brought him here, worked out pretty quick he is not a fit for this touchline role Xavi wants from winger, and then got put on the scrap heap for new toy Raphinia, who also isn't the right fit for the position, leaving Dembele as the best option who was already there before either of them came.

Could have been spent more optimally.

I argue with this, well except the raphinha bit, he did enough last season to show us he'll offer us something here in the medium to longer term.

He'll likely only get better from here.

But we should have done our research on Torres, he was definitely a hype signing.

JamDav1982

He actually looked decent on the right towards end of season.

Better than he did on left.

Was due to be loaned out before this Dembele debacle but may now get another chance.

Fly high sweet prince.

jamrock

With raphinha we have to learn to look past how pleasing a player is to our eyes, would I like him to be a better one on one dribbler? Yes.

Are we going to play with a over lapping FB on both sides, not in the short term.

But with his limitations, he contributed 22 Goals & assist in 50 games.

I don't know how much better a player could be asked to do in his first season at the club.

He was a great signing, no ifs but or maybe about that.

ajnotkeith

With raphinha we have to learn to look past how pleasing a player is to our eyes, would I like him to be a better one on one dribbler? Yes.

Are we going to play with a over lapping FB on both sides, not in the short term.

But with his limitations, he contributed 22 Goals & assist in 50 games.

I don't know how much better a player could be asked to do in his first season at the club.

He was a great signing, no ifs but or maybe about that.
Done well to score the amount he did but in terms of influence on the game Dembele is more significant imo especially against the better teams.

With the line of like Gavi-Lewa-Raphinha the athletic defenses will just squeeze you halfway across the pitch and bringing the ball out gets much more difficult.

The threat of Dembele's dribbling and pace knowing that he can take pretty much any fullback 1v1 gets the team up the field.

Raphinha is a good rotation player but if we're talking long term starter I would think it needs to be someone a little better. He has done enough to defo stick around tho.

jamrock

Done well to score the amount he did but in terms of influence on the game Dembele is more significant imo especially against the better teams.

With the line of like Gavi-Lewa-Raphinha the athletic defenses will just squeeze you halfway across the pitch and bringing the ball out gets much more difficult.

The threat of Dembele's dribbling and pace knowing that he can take pretty much any fullback 1v1 gets the team up the field.

Raphinha is a good rotation player but if we're talking long term starter I would think it needs to be someone a little better. He has done enough to defo stick around tho.

I see where you're coming from but when you say Dembele has more influence on big games, what big games are you referring to?, Dembele has been here for 6 years and the biggest impact he's had on a big game is costing us the CL Final.

I think he's had 2 good games against Madrid, maybe 3.

In a big high pressure game, I'd honestly take raphinha over Dembele to make the difference.

But from a tactical prospective, everything you said about Dembele's strengths Vs Raphinha is correct.

But different doesn't mean defiant.

Porque

Raphinha is a Giuly kind of player. He's great if you get the ball through to him in the right positions or with space, but if you give it to him dead on the wing then he is never going to pull a rabbit out of his ass.

If Dembele goes, given we have no financial muscle, best hope is Lamine can come through a bit quicker and makes a Messi-lite impact over the next few years while Raphinha holds ship.

Home of Barca Fans