7 - Ferran Torres

Mateka

Thank you [MENTION=23413]Respekt_III[/MENTION] You should have told me that a week ago. :)

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I think we leave it there. I am not going to say anymore with you. We wanted Garcia to succeed, but he was back up to the others. Stones had a challenge with fitness and form one season, but came through it so strongly Laporte could not get in City?s team. Stones and Dias forming one of the best PL CB partnerships. If Laporte could not oust Stones, Garcia would have had no chance.

? It's no coincidence that Man City's recent record-breaking win streak has coincided with Ruben Dias and John Stones forming the most formidable defensive partnership in the Premier League.
Alongside John Stones, City have amassed the best defensive record in Europe conceding just 17 goals in 27 league games as a team. An incredible run of consistency, City went on a run of 16 clean sheets in 20 consecutive games at one point in all competitions. As a partnership, Dias and Stones have conceded just four goals in 17 games together, and have actually scored more goals than they've conceded - .with the England defender bagging four and Dias bagging one. From an average of 83.8 and 83.5 passes per game each respectively, Stones tops the pass success percentage with 93.7%, while Dias trails just behind him with 93.4%. Between them, they have conceded just 20 fouls this season with Stones conceding only four himself. In comparison, Harry Maguire and Victor Lindelof have committed 51 combined. 90min.com

Today Pep divides it equally between Dias, Stones and Laporte. Ake is struggling for games. Garcia would again, sadly, be struggling to make the bench.

I rest my case. I know it?s proven. So much so, I will let you have the last word.

There's no case to be made, you've ironically dug yourself into a hole twisting the narrative to suit your agenda and topping it off by comparing players who weren't even there to choose among when Eric had already usurped Stones by end of 2020 season. Player then makes it known he wishes to return to Barca, refusing a renewal/extension and Txiki/Pep proceed to add 2 expensive CBs. Had Eric expressed desire to remain/renew/extend, only one of Ake or Dias would've been bought and Eric would be a key member of the rotation...at 18 years of age and Stones likely sold

...which was my point the entire time while you simply argued ad infinitum and now opt to take your ball & go home. Understood, everyone is free to hold a bias in spite of facts & what Pep himself has said

JamDav1982

FCBarca waxing lyrical on things he has no ide about whatsoever.

When Garcia was 18 both Stones and Fernandinho were chosen ahead of him at CB.

When league was lost and City had decided Stones time was up Garcia got some game time towards end of season.

Neither Ake or Dias were signed due to Garcia leaving. They were signed to replace Otamendi and Stones and for Dias to be first choice CB beside Laporte.

The start of the next season City tried to sell Stones as had 5 CBs but before that happened he performed very well and showed best form of his career and Pep kept him in and they no longer wanted to sell him.

Garcia didnt play due to fact he was poor in games vs Leicester etc and Stones/Dias/Laporte and Ake were ahead of him.

It is moronic argument to make out City refused money for Garcia but then would not play him as they knew he would leave the following summer. Makes zero sense at all from City side to do that.

Last edited:

iniestaGOAT

Erc Garcia was always behind Stones, Laporte, Ake

I dont know if they have any other CBs

Bald fraud words arent to be trusted, he says bullsht about players all the time

malvolio

I feel we are getting robbed here. When was the last time we picked up another team's reject and he delivered?

malvolio

He's not really their reject.

Just saw the 40M rumored, that would be acceptable.

He actually is their reject. They're not giving away a starter. Went there, scored some goals vs bums, mostly a rotation player and got injured a bit.

Am I missing something?

Messi983

If he's not a starter doesn't mean he's a reject, lol. Teams need more than 11 players.

He's a useful squad player they don't want to sell but Ferran has apparently asked to leave for Barca and Pep would accept that as long as the clubs can reach agreement. They want double what they've paid for him (23m fix + 12m add-ons on a expiring contract with Valencia) so they clearly won't sell for only 40m.

serghei

City don't have clear starting 11. They rotate a lot especially in offense. Torres is not a City reject lol.

Devils

If I was Sporting Director at FC Barcelona, I would get this stinky Spaniard for 15-20m tops.

Morata vibes all around this cat.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
40m is definitely the highest they should go. Need to find a way to secure a striker and/or Adeyemi too for the summer after this.

Mateka

He is not a reject. He is injured longer term, due to the mis management of the Spanish national team.

Look at this from the selling perspective. If he was a Barca player, young, on a long term contract, already scored goals this season for club and in the summer for country, how much would you sell him to City for?

I don’t think anybody would say a figure under 70m.

Home of Barca Fans