6 - Gavi

JamDav1982

He wasnt great.

Far too many bad decisions in trying to drive with ball too much and not taking up positions well.

Can see the difference to FDJ and why team would improve.

Joan

Didn't like him today.

He wasn't particularly bad individually but didn't provide what the team needed.

Wonder how we'd look with Nico in his place tonight. Probably worse :lol:

Porque

I think he is better with FdJ. Pedri and Gavi should be the rotation while both are developing. And especially in Gavi's case.

Bobo32

I think he is better with FdJ. Pedri and Gavi should be the rotation while both are developing. And especially in Gavi's case.

I think Pedri and Frenkie are somewhat similar while Gavi is more similar to Puig (who is a non factor currently of course).
Most of the games, I want someone like Gavi, who has another gear in him, and can do the unexpexted thing sometimes. I think Gavi too plays too conservatively most of the time, but I really think he should be playing more based on his style. Pedri and Frenkie are more established of course, but I don't like the pairing in most games, even though they had some better games together lately.

Horatio

You're welcome
To me Gavi closer to Frenkie than Pedri. Likes to drive forward and use physique and are found in box a lot of times. Pedri more calculating and concerned with overall buildup and will rarely get into physical duels and kind of glides across pitch.

Also Gavi and Frenkie type of players that enjoy covering ground and tire themselves. Type of players that when soaked in sweat at end of game they will smile. If not, feel they did not do good enough of a job.

Bobo32

To me Gavi closer to Frenkie than Pedri. Likes to drive forward and use physique and are found in box a lot of times. Pedri more calculating and concerned with overall buildup and will rarely get into physical duels and kind of glides across pitch.

Also Gavi and Frenkie type of players that enjoy covering ground and tire themselves. Type of players that when soaked in sweat at end of game they will smile. If not, feel they did not do good enough of a job.

In some ways, yeah.
Gavi has more of a spark to him, he switches gear and tries dribbles and forces things. This is what I miss when Pedri+Frenkie play. Even Frenkies brilliant passes and assist yesterday was done in a very calm and calculated way, on the feet of the player and without anything forcing... These opportunities present themselves too rarely, especially when Pedri and Frenkie aren't dominating possession and progressing play with the same ease as Iniesta and Xavi did - if they were closer to them in that sense then we could live with them not having that much of a 'spark', but now we get too many games like yesterdays (where Gavi played though, and Frenkie came on to turn things around as he was very inspired).

Porque

I think that Gavi understands his role better with Frenkie (or Nico infact). He takes more responsibility to be the "conductor" when he was with those two. With Pedri that role is firmly reserved for Pedri, and Gavi falls into a supportive role he hasn't quite defined - yet.

That's not to say that long term the best partnership will be Gavi-Pedri, just that right now Frenkie is the glue through experience, understanding his role and being in impressive form.

Bobo32

I think that Gavi understands his role better with Frenkie (or Nico infact). He takes more responsibility to be the "conductor" when he was with those two. With Pedri that role is firmly reserved for Pedri, and Gavi falls into a supportive role he hasn't quite defined - yet.

That's not to say that long term the best partnership will be Gavi-Pedri, just that right now Frenkie is the glue through experience, understanding his role and being in impressive form.

Yeah for next game I'd probably like to see Gavi and Frenkie together, with Pedri possibly taking one winger role. Very unlikely of course, almost as unlikely as Puig starting which is what I would really like to see, but still.

Pedri was very immobile last game, but is usually very mobile and thus also often out of place I think. I think it is sometimes very tough to play beside him (of course it is the same with Gavi and even more with Puig - they are very mobile too).

This is a thread about Gavi. I liked some attempts from him yesterday very much - the entire team struggled, but he was the one who managed to do something sometimes. He is very weak a lot of the time though, not really managing to take the step to play with adults yet I think. He needs some time.

Home of Barca Fans