6 - Gavi

PhilS

Will start for Barca for the next decade or two, he is the heart of this team. But, he's clearly been overplayed this season, overdue to be rotated out. He has faded, needs to re-charge. I expect Balde, Pedri and Gavi to all improve a lot over the next couple of years.

Horatio

You're welcome
Will start for Barca for the next decade or two, he is the heart of this team. But, he's clearly been overplayed this season, overdue to be rotated out. He has faded, needs to re-charge. I expect Balde, Pedri and Gavi to all improve a lot over the next couple of years.
He’s been mostly the same since start of the season. So not sure how much can be excused due to fatigue. Think he needs build a bit of strength, work on cross and still figure out what works and not in different situations. A fresh season could help.

JamDav1982

His awareness and passing ability are nowhere near Barca level currently. So far behind Pedri and FDJ it is scary.

Shame he is injured as could have been rotated in and out until end of season with more focus on improving those areas.

Plenty time to learn but needs to show a lot of improvement soon enough.

He had lost his place to FDJ before the WC and wasnt good in first half of season either bar 20 minute spell v Bayern really.

jamrock

For those who don't understand, why gavi is so good and rated by everyone who understands the game.

This guy's does a pretty good job breaking it down.

Like I said elsewhere, when he develops & drops deeper, he's gonna be complete class, people comparing him to wirtz and those kinda players because he's playing higher now, just don't get why he's special.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Gavi: "I'm young, and it's true that I have to improve in many aspects. However, my essence is to compete to death for 90 minutes. That's always what I do."

JamDav1982

Gavi will have to improve leaps and bounds to play deeper.

His positional sense is Riqui Puig levels currently and his range of passing is miles off Pedri and FDJ etc.

The reason he is playinf further forward is Barca are a shambles when he is deeper too often and cant control midfiled.

He lost his place in the midfield three and rightfully so.

Him and Kessie CM when FDJ was out was eye watering. Barely making double digit in passes and terrible %.

Same as last couple games there for Spain.. looked miles off it on the ball... what was it? 15 passes v Croatia at around 66% passing.. sounds about right.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

He didn’t lose his place in a midfield 3, he got shifted upfront for a lack of better options. Same as Kounde at RB. Disingenuous to say they were really competing for CM respectively CB. They are all starters after all.

Home of Barca Fans