4 - Ronald Araújo

Nazario1985

I'm still thinking we have a not that good medical staff this is why big names like Messi/Iniesta/Suarez took their business elsewhere after serious injuries.

vuji_31

Some stats. Him and Kounde could be real deal. Pau Torress being 2meters height is so shit in aerial duels.
Kounde is overall best defender and his profile could be great for Araujo.

But I belive we will go for passing slow CB like Pau Torress like always even though Kounde is better at every stat.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Oqc3iA6

mc_lovin

A Torres+Araujo partnership looks good on paper, maybe even better than Kounde+Araujo. Woudnt mind Pau Torres one bit, even though I think Kounde is a genuinely special talent and should be our priority #1 (de Ligt would be nice as well, but unrealistic).

But remains to be seen if we can spend a lot of money. If we can: De Ligt>=Kounde>>Pau Torres. Would be happy with each one of them though. I guess de Ligt would be 100ME (not happening), Kounde 60-65ME (maybe possible with a bit of fantasy, still unlikely) and Torres 40ME (maybe closer to 60ME as well?).

Bobo32

I am not as good at judging defenders as midfielders or attackers, and I didn't watch Pau, Kounde or Militao enough (but was pretty unimpressed by Kounde what I saw and think Militao is too aggressive)

What I will say is that stats like those in that picture say very little about a defender. Some of them are even negative.

Maldini said: when I made a tackle, I did something wrong.

Joan

I am not as good at judging defenders as midfielders or attackers, and I didn't watch Pau, Kounde or Militao enough (but was pretty unimpressed by Kounde what I saw and think Militao is too aggressive)

What I will say is that stats like those in that picture say very little about a defender. Some of them are even negative.

But it's even worse if he doesn't make a tackle.

Bobo32

But it's even worse if he doesn't make a tackle.

You mean on the occasions he is so misplaced or overplayed?
Maybe, or it's better to let someone else press and return quicker to a better position, it depends.
I am surprised to see these defenders have cloes to a 50% tackle success rate, with that rate it really is "the less, the better"

vegitot

You and many misunderstood Maldini's quote. He said that when he was like 39 years old and moved to CB position. At that age he didn't want to make slide tackle because if he failed, opponents would go pass him and he could not recover. A younger Maldini would tackle all the time. Vierri said if Maldini marked you, he would tackle you immediately.

behindbrowneyes

He only got a contract until 2022. I know he truly loves this club and doesn't want to leave, but still, his contract extension has to be a priority once club's finances are figured out.

behindbrowneyes

He has signed a 5-year contract in 2018 so he's still under contract for two more years.

https://www.fcbarcelona.cat/ca/noti...-boston-river-per-al-traspas-de-ronald-araujo

Interesting.

Araujo himself said otherwise:
“I am very happy to be in Barcelona, ​​I hope to be there for many years and give my best in each season. I have one more season left on my contract, which runs until 2022; I still do not know the issue of renewal, my representative is in charge of that, I am calm, I hope I can continue in the club.

“I think I had a good season and it is nice that they speak well of me, they talk about renewing but I am now focused on the national team and the qualifiers, then we will see what happens at the club.”

Home of Barca Fans