39 - Héctor Fort

Porque

The wording was spicy. Says we rejected a 35m valuation, whatever that means.

Yet his buyout clause is only 10m until he turns 18.

Mendes has been keen to sign up Fort. I don't know if he has managed to. But clearly Fort is not leaving. We have been searching high and low for a fullback, and now LaMasia has produced someone who can play both sides well.

Porque

There is a little tidbit about Fort that I would like to add, but take it with a grain of salt as the sample size is tiny.

Based off his 30 minute cameo in the Champions League, UEFA stats has his top speed at 26kmh :lol: . This would be absolutely woeful and a death sentence.

I am sure it is not that, and that once he gets a proper runout that it will increase. BUT if it levels out around say 28/29kmh then he will never be able to be a fullback in modern football. That's mid thirties Busi speed.

Now the eye test says otherwise, and as I said the sample size is tiny, but stlll watch this space. And if it ends up being true... take the 35m :lol:

Messi983

The wording was spicy. Says we rejected a 35m valuation, whatever that means.

Yet his buyout clause is only 10m until he turns 18.

Mendes has been keen to sign up Fort. I don't know if he has managed to. But clearly Fort is not leaving. We have been searching high and low for a fullback, and now LaMasia has produced someone who can play both sides well.

Yep, that MD article looked strange to me. Why would

1. any club offer 35m if his clause is 10m and
2. how could Barca reject offers higher than his clause?

Just look like another BS report like supposed 200m offer for Yamal we rejected, 35m for Font, 20m+ for Faye,... Next will probably be we rejected big money for Fermin or something.

I think club is trying to convince the fans we don't want (or better we don't need as it's pretty clear we want to keep them) to sell any youngsters. Both Laporta and Deco also said our priority is to keep core of this team together rather than new signings which makes sense imo.

Porque

Where is the information that his clause is 10M coming from?

Article in MD.

It is plausible that both are true. That his release clause of his youth contract is 10m, and that he has clubs interested for more than that.

Reason being that similar to Gavi, he has already agreed the contract that comes into effect when he turns 18.

So any interested club would probably approach in a gentleman way rather than try to break relationships and have potential legal issues.

No way the club let's go of a rightback solution as said before considering they wanted a long term option. Worth noting that Espart is the new Spain U17 rightback, who is also a Barcelona RB. No idea on his ceiling though.

The Levante chap Baba Sangare has played a few minutes at CB, so that may be where we are targeting him for, should we sign him.

Messi983

So any interested club would probably approach in a gentleman way rather than try to break relationships and have potential legal issues.

The Levante chap Baba Sangare has played a few minutes at CB, so that may be where we are targeting him for, should we sign him.

If that's the case then they would maybe offer 12 or 15m but not 35m. Not that it matters much imo as I doubt Hector wants to leave so even if some club would be willing to pay his clause (or more) he would stay.

Interesting thing about Sangare. According to TM he's 183cm but wiki has him at 172. No idea what's true.

About Espart, I think he's midfielder who was recently converted to a RB. Would prefer a player named Xavi in midfield :pep: but versatility could improve his chances when making a breakthrough to Barca B which will probably happen next season already and possibly first team in future. He's another player from that 2007 generation which the club made a big priority to keep together last summer.

Looks good imo but we'll see how he'll progress.

Home of Barca Fans