39 - Héctor Fort

Porque

I've actually been shockingly impressed with this players development over the past 12 months. Think it's time he gets his own thread.

Could he end up being our solution for the troubled right back spot?

Messi983

Yes, didn't see him establishing himself as a Barca B starter before season started. Tbf didn't have much competition as Trilli was injured but Fort did well.

Not sure how much influence Rafa had on his development but it's good to see. Medium term would probably be the best to repeat the Alex Valle scenario and loan Fort to prove in a Segunda team (unless ofc Barca Atletic gets promoted) next season. Shouldn't really force him to the first team though. If we buy Cancelo or another RB then can use Kounde/Araujo as defensive RBs or maybe even return Julian Araujo as a backup. Depending on how this season goes ofc. He's lost his starting spot for Las Pimientas recently after some injury problems but season is still long.

JamDav1982

B team getting promoted would be huge for many of those young players who need steady progression and still too young for first team.

Messi983

Surprised to see no posts here.

Good assist and thought he did well overall playing outside his position. Could improve his chances to have a role here longterm if can also play LB. Versatility is always useful. Ofc has to prove if he can do it against better opponents too.

Porque

I like him and his trajectory. Easy to forget given his size that he is just 17, and a fairly recent (August) one at that.

Better suitored as RB but clearly Xavi likes him if he is going to play him at LB ahead of, for example, Gerard Martin who is an actual LB and has had lower LaLiga interest.

But for a possession based RB he may end up as a first team solution as I had pointed before. And with Fresneda being a full 2 years older and not making an impact as of yet at Sporting Lisbon, we may have lucked out a little bit missing out there.

Porque

He and Cubarsi done really well considering the circumstances. Showed they got the right mentality to potentially succeed here long term.

No need to rush things but should get more opportunities this season. Especially as LaLiga is a long shot while top 4 should be easily attained.

With Cancelo back, hope we give him shots at RB. Kounde is becoming an issue as he is very expensive and not looking a bonafide solution at CB nor outstanding at FB.

Porque

Yeah both Cubarsi and Fort should get more game time in the first team this season.

I don't know how fast we can or should go with them both though.

Cubarsi is the bigger talent but Fort has the route open to him to the first team.

Need to sell some defenders now and buy Zubimendi or the like for midfield.

Porque

Can get away with Araujo if he is surrounded by ballplayers but Kounde and Araujo is a disaster against fast press. Especially with lack of movement Infront which happened once Pedri lost his legs.

And I'll admit, Araujo-Faye would be a disaster in possession.

Don't want to go OTT but Cubarsi is a natural ball playing defender. His first team minutes have been minuscule to pass a greater judgement, but what I'll say is that he seems to be what we wanted Eric Garcia to be.

Home of Barca Fans