3 - Gerard Pique

Rassvet

(TV3) Under Bartomeu's term, Busquets, Messi and Pique were negotiating a global salary cut. However, Pique went and individually negotiated a reduced salary and renewal. One of the squad's players wrote "You're Judas," on the dressing room's whiteboard. It was for Pique.

malvolio

Nothing to do with Barto. They hate him cause he took a pay cut recently under laporta too where as the others refused.

Rats like alba.

understandable tbf. alba is not playing the long game, like pique is. he also isn't rich like pique and his wife are.

wage cuts sound nice for the naive fans. in reality every player thinks of himself and his family. football is a business.

Birdy

understandable tbf. alba is not playing the long game, like pique is. he also isn't rich like pique and his wife are.

wage cuts sound nice for the naive fans. in reality every player thinks of himself and his family. football is a business.

LOoooL :lol:
Yes mate, he is a hard-working man earning his daily bread to feed his starving family.
No, he isn't rich after earning how much in total in his career at Barca? And wants to earn AS much AS possible
He is not living in luxury, don't say that again

Laughable point really.

malvolio

LOoooL :lol:
Yes mate, he is a hard-working man earning his daily bread to feed his starving family.
No, he isn't rich after earning how much in total in his career at Barca? And wants to earn AS much AS possible
He is not living in luxury, don't say that again

Laughable point really.

Always said that footballers are overpaid. Don't know why you trippin.

Alba is as greedy as Pique is, or vice-versa. Or maybe I should say that they maximise and take advantage of this circus that is called football right now.

Isn't Pique playing the long game at this club?

If I work for a company that pays me well and I have a colleague that grew up rich, has an even richer wife and also has multiple businesses that boost his income, of course I won't be that happy to take wage cuts. Even more so when the other motherfucker plans to be president of the company one day.

At the end of the day is not Pique who looks after Alba and his family.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Pique isn't stupid. Taking wage cuts is positive for him for his future candidacy for president. All he does now is with that in mind.

iniestaGOAT

Does not matter what game pique is playing bro he has no reason to accept a pay cut either. But we did and we were able to sign all those free agents he should be appreciated for that

Porque

How old would Pique reasonably need to be to win Barcelona Presidency? Could he do it in his late 30's/early 40s? So after Laporta's tenure.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
How old would Pique reasonably need to be to win Barcelona Presidency? Could he do it in his late 30's/early 40s? So after Laporta's tenure.

I don't think there is an age limit, but I don't know if he wants to be the president one day since he has so many other distractions elsewhere (Kosmos, Davis Cup, FC Andorra etc.) and whether he can dedicate full time to the club.

malvolio

he might have some ideas that go hand in hand with how things are evolving in tech and social media nowadays. that alone could do it for him. since other candidates will probably be the same fonts, laportas etc.

Home of Barca Fans