3 - Gerard Pique

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
that'd be a feat wouldn't it !

and now the "need to know" in me "needs to know" if he'd be the 1st ever player to do that.....:unsure: :hmmm:

unfortunately he's not.

that honour belongs to The Greatest Pundit In The World.

Desailly.jpg

won it in '93 with marseille and '94 with milan.

the second to do it was paulo sousa ('96 with juve, '97 with dortmund).

pique would be the third.

Heath Newton

unfortunately he's not.
that honour belongs to The Greatest Pundit In The World.
ron-atkinson.jpg

won it in '93 with marseille and '94 with milan.
the second to do it was paulo sousa ('96 with juve, '97 with dortmund).
pique would be the third.

:eek:

1.brave choice......
2.ron atkinson never played for marseille did he ? ;)

MinaFCB

Is this CL final different from the one you had previous year?
Yes,for many reasons.First,i'll play for my team,team i really love.I've been cule since i was born,whole my family supports Barca.Personally this final will be more emotional.That's my aim.I can make my dream come true.Ask anyone who will be on Stadio Olimpico with Barca's flag or watching it live on Mini what would feel if they were down,on the pitch.I'll be there to fight for them.Having same sensation they would have.

And on the professional side?

I played previous final knowing that i wasn't part of that success.Now i totally feel as a part of the team.

Let's talk about match.You are like a secret agent for this team,can you explain me how Man U prepares for a final match??

I'll try..

When does Ferguson announce his 'first 11'?
Usually in the last moments.If it's home,he talks to players in changing room,and if it's out of Manchester he talks to them in hotel.
In the morning?

Yes,in the morning ,although during a week,during training sessions it's clear who is going to play.You don't need him to announce it.Since Monday it's already clear.

Does he watch videos of his rivals?

Yes,in hotel they watch videos.But Ferguson usually doesn't do it but Carlos Queirioz,who is actually coach during the week.I guess it hasn't changed.

Which role does Ferguson have in all that?

During the week he doesn't come to training sessions very often.Mainly,his assistants supervise trainings,he comes before important matches..

Does he speak personally to every player?

Sometimes yes.Before this final i'm certain he will talk to players who'll play and he'll explain them the most important characteristics of Barca's players.

Are his speeches motivating?

Well,imo you get more motivated in changing room

How?

. Rio Ferdidand yells all the time and he motivates players the most.He makes you nervous when he yells so much.On the other side,Giggs is a veteran who is very calm,he talks to you away from others ,looks you directly in the eyes and he makes you believe and do what he says.That's how talking to a legend is.

Cristiano Ronaldo says that you don't know all his tricks...

I can't wait to see those trick.s.I think i know all,but that doesn't guarantee anything.That's like with Messi,even though you know his movements he always makes out something new.If he scores,i'll feel a bit stupid but atm i know what to do.I trained a lot with them and my aim is to stop them.

You'll have Yaya Touré next to you.

He is a phenomenon that can play on any position.We shouldn't be afraid of Man U.I think they respect us more than we respect them.

Do you want any kind of revenge in this match?
No.Man U made a player of me and i learned a lot,but you cant compare feeling when you play a final with Barca and when you play with Man U,It's clear that this time i play with my men ,for my people and my club.

Pique also said he'll score in the final,cause every time he said it for sport.es he really scored and Barca won.

maz

I walk the line
Thanks alot mina. Piqué almost brings a tear to my eye!

Ask anyone who will be at the Stadio Olimpico with Barca's flag or watching it live at the Miniestadi what they would feel if they were down on the pitch. I'll be there to fight for them.
He is barça through and through.

S

sebastiona

He's a fantastic player and he makes me feel safe to have him in the back four. Wonderful to have him back at the club and looking forward to watching him on Wednesday :D

maz

I walk the line
He'll probably be a vice captain next season. He seems to have integrated himself within the squad very quickly, and become somewhat of a leader. He is a brilliant defender, and has alot of personality as well. Not to mention pep (or was it puyol?) passed the microphone to him..for him to be that high up the pecking order in the celebrations says alot!

E

Esteve

He'll probably be a vice captain next season. He seems to have integrated himself within the squad very quickly, and become somewhat of a leader. He is a brilliant defender, and has alot of personality as well. Not to mention pep (or was it puyol?) passed the microphone to him..for him to be that high up the pecking order in the celebrations says alot!

True! Pundits here called him a walking disaster at the start of the season but he has really improved!

Home of Barca Fans