3 - Alejandro Balde

vuji_31

This guy have so much potential. Really fast, he is sliding in his forst few minutes.

Hope so he stays

Catta

His best game in a Barca shirt. Could have a bright future if he continues like this. Would take this version of Balde over Alba any time.

Horatio

You're welcome
I don't know man...he looked lovely but MLS might just be too easy for these players to play against. He looked underwhelming to me last season. Will have to see him in la liga to know if he really stepped up this much.

Edit: Before people delve up this comment as proof of me criticizing him the part where it says "he looked underwhelming last season" is because I have mixed him up with Emerson at times. Possibly racist of me.

Last edited:

xXKonan

I don't know man...he looked lovely but MLS might just be too easy for these players to play against. He looked underwhelming to me last season. Will have to see him in la liga to know if he really stepped up this much.
Felt like he was kinda a victim of the circumstances of Pedri, Gavi, Fati, etc young guys like him can make that big step up but in reality he simply wasn't ready and needed more time in the oven. Took him a bit to even get going for the B team again once he got back there.

Right now I think he's more equipped to handle being Alba's backup than Last season but we will have to see I guess. Much better than the likes of Miranda who was around the same age as Balde when we tried making him Alba's sub a couple of years ago. :lol:

jamrock

Last season it seems he was either told to stay back or was timid, and the coaching staff is trying to get that out of him.

Not sure which.

gregorrin10

Why aren't we keeping this boy and stopping the LB chase? He's so good, like a mini Davies, even looks and moves like him. Lightning quick, with great technique. Basically better than all of the options that we're looking at. I wouldn't say if we were looking at Gaya or something, but the likes of Alonso, Mojica, even Galan? I'd take Balde over them any day.

He looks much better than last season and looks ready to stay. Even a loan at this point might just do him more harm than good. Save the money for a new LB for next season, if we even need it. Keep Balde. And USE him. Not like last season, when Xavi only played him when there was no other choice. Actually give him a chance to not only rest Alba, but overtake him. Cause I'm sure he could, if given the playing time. If he doesn't work out, loan him next season and just bring in Gaya (if he's still available) or someone else next season on a free. Actually do that in any case, since I hope we send Alba packing next summer, along with Busquets and Pique, who are a given to leave.

Porque

He's going to give us nothing offensively. But he has nice speed in defensive and will support in advancing possession then cutting it back.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The question that Xavi is charged to address is that fine line between young & talented with veteran enough to provide immediate support when called upon. The advantage with going for a player like Alonso is that you know he will deliver at this level, even as a sub. With Balde, like many young players, there will be growing pains. Are we set up in a way that we cannot afford the patience to bring along a young player in the squad?

Only those in charge at the club have the answer to that question, I trust them to make the right decision for the club & player. For me, no doubt he looks like the heir to Alba

Home of Barca Fans