3 - Alejandro Balde

Joan

He looks promising.

I would prefer if he went on loan. LaLiga experience would do him well.

Really impressed by him in the last game.
He was very dangerous offensively with his pace and dribbles but also in the right position defensively when needed to cover.
Hope Xavi has some good plans for him.

khaled_a_d

Cucurella came with no hype for whatever reason, and then over achieved in every step while proving doubters wrong.

Balde is the opposite, overhyped kid with all the tools who have been underwhelming considering how the club and fans rated him.

Maybe this will be his breakout year, but I don't see where the whole "Cucurella " thing coming from.

There is plenty of of alternatives to Alonso too btw.

It is just too damn risky to put such trust in Balde after disappointing last season. We need to provide some rest for Alba especially with World Cup in mid-season

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Cucurella came with no hype for whatever reason, and then over achieved in every step while proving doubters wrong.

Balde is the opposite, overhyped kid with all the tools who have been underwhelming considering how the club and fans rated him.

Maybe this will be his breakout year, but I don't see where the whole "Cucurella " thing coming from.

There is plenty of of alternatives to Alonso too btw.

It is just too damn risky to put such trust in Balde after disappointing last season. We need to provide some rest for Alba especially with World Cup in mid-season

With Balde it could be a case of him not managing to do well playing with bad players at Barca B.

Usually seem to do much better playing with 1st team players.

Should still go out on a loan though but they will have to renew him first.

khaled_a_d

With Balde it could be a case of him not managing to do well playing with bad players at Barca B.

Usually seem to do much better playing with 1st team players.

Should still go out on a loan though but they will have to renew him first.

Maybe, just not sure why Vuji keep mentioning Cucu as an example, very different tbh.
As for loan, 2 years left in contract so I think we can loan without renewal

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Maybe, just not sure why Vuji keep mentioning Cucu as an example, very different tbh.
As for loan, 2 years left in contract so I think we can loan without renewal

Risk of being in a bad spot with little leverage if he is great on loan and returns with a year left on his contract.

wisconsincule

Are we confident with him as Albas back up this season?? Haven’t watched much of him but feel like we should probably give him a shot instead of signing Alonso?

Porque

Didn't we do this last year and he failed in it?

We done this for the past 5 years or so with Miranda and now Balde.

To be fair Balde is a cut above Miranda and always looked better in first team dynamics, but it's not a solid strategy!

khaled_a_d

We done this for the past 5 years or so with Miranda and now Balde.

To be fair Balde is a cut above Miranda and always looked better in first team dynamics, but it's not a solid strategy!

I mean, as terrible as Firpo was, he was still a cut above those kids

Porque

I mean, as terrible as Firpo was, he was still a cut above those kids

Forgotabout him, which says it all.

To be fair to Balde, he has to me always adapted to the first team level. More so than any of Miranda or Cucu did (though Cucu was much better in the B).

Severely limited on the offensive front but technical enough to maintain possession up to the final third, and fast enough to get himself out of defensive situations through raw pace. I don't think he would embarass himself by any means against most teams in LaLiga. Though he should probably be loaned or even sold with a low buyback to develop more before it is too late.

Zidane82

Really impressed by him in the last game.
He was very dangerous offensively with his pace and dribbles but also in the right position defensively when needed to cover.
Hope Xavi has some good plans for him.

I like him a lot .. keep him and Alba and see how we look at the Jan window

Sod the other options

Andresito

Staff member
Dest hasn't looked that bad at LB to be fair.

Alba/Dest/Balde at LB

Dest/Araujo/Roberto/Kounde at RB

Balde should keep playing in B team to keep fitness and form up.

Home of Barca Fans