24 - Thomas Vermaelen

Zangash

Banned
It's basically March and he's only played an hour in a friendly for the B team so far.

This is the CB signing we've been so desperate for, along with Mathieu.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
It's basically March and he's only played an hour in a friendly for the B team so far.

This is the CB signing we've been so desperate for, along with Mathieu.

Do you think we would ever concede a goal with these 4 :

Doulgas - Vermaelen - Matthaus - Alba

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
One hell of a player! sick defender, crazy aerial skills.. the season could have been entirely different :(

Last edited:

Gohan

Super Saiyan
One hell of a player! sick defender, crazy aerial skills.. the season could have been entirely different :(

I can make a video like that about Montoya and it would display him as 'one hell of a player'. What I am saying is that this video you showed us is a Vermaelen of a few seasons ago. It doesn't show anything special tbh.

Vlom

I can make a video like that about Montoya and it would display him as 'one hell of a player'. What I am saying is that this video you showed us is a Vermaelen of a few seasons ago. It doesn't show anything special tbh.

Sure, montoya is a beast haha
In all seriousness, I know he's been injured a lot and thus might not have the level he had, but injuries aside, you can't say his kamikazi style (à la Pepe) wouldn't be an asset in our defense, even injured he'd still reassure more than Matthieu ^^

Anyway, I hope he recovers even if it's for next season (if he ever recovers) and prove us all wrong (or right), up until last year he was still good, even more so if you compare to what we have now except Pique/Masche..

Vlom

How long is his contract ? What can we do if doesn't recover ?

I still think we could use an "agressive" defender like him, I hate how our defense sometimes look like it's walking backwards accompagning the attacker in front ( 1st goal against espanyol, 1st against villareal, etc ..) why in hell don't they jump on the players and try to make it hard for them before they get in our zone! :/

EDIT :
http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...3/102501167931/vermaelen-vuelve-a-correr.html
He's training again with the group and running ... estimated time to be ready : 1month

Though btw we all know this can change in a split second ^^

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

How long is his contract ? What can we do if doesn't recover ?

I still think we could use an "agressive" defender like him, I hate how our defense sometimes look like it's walking backwards accompagning the attacker in front ( 1st goal against espanyol, 1st against villareal, etc ..) why in hell don't they jump on the players and try to make it hard for them before they get in our zone! :/

EDIT :
http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...3/102501167931/vermaelen-vuelve-a-correr.html
He's training again with the group and running ... estimated time to be ready : 1month

Though btw we all know this can change in a split second ^^

End in 30.06.2019

Vlom

Back to start training, not to be available. Hopefully this time he won't have any more setbacks.

Yes. My bad i didn't phrase it correctly .. and yeah, i don't know why but i still have hope about him getting back and helping us out.

I was wondering, all the operations (including travels, specific coach etc.) and stuff the players go through are for the club's to pay right ? ^^

Leo_Messi

He is not going to feature in any important games this season unless the entire defense will be sidelined. Nor should he. I don't see him gaining sufficient match fitness before 2 months time at least. Meaning early May.

If everything goes according to the plan we will have a CdR final to win, play in the final stages in the CL and the league. Vermaelen, a player that has not played 1 single match and who is not better than Piqué, Mascherano, Bartra or Mathieu, is suddenly going to play a role? Keep dreaming I say.

This transfer has to be one of the worst businesses ever. Zubi truly deserved to be called Zubinútil. What a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

Sell him this summer please. He is not even good enough for freaking Arsenal of all teams. Hence they sold him.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans