24 - Thomas Vermaelen

CuleLife4Life

I was always pretty sure the Keirsson and Henrique deals had illegal elements to them. There is a club in Uruguay who does the same shady deals where they sign players but loan them out immediately.

Jombi

By dodgy deal, I meant money laundering.

I know. But I still think it is dodgy that we gave a 30 year old highly injury prone defender a massive and lengthy 5 year contract, who our doctors begged us not to even sign. It is just too weird IMO.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
I know. But I still think it is dodgy that we gave a 30 year old highly injury prone defender a massive and lengthy 5 year contract, who our doctors begged us not to even sign. It is just too weird IMO.

If we were looking to launder money we wouldn't do a transaction with a club like Arsenal. This one is down to pure incompetence on behalf of Zubi.

Jombi

If we were looking to launder money we wouldn't do a transaction with a club like Arsenal. This one is down to pure incompetence on behalf of Zubi.

It could have been agents involved. To me it just seems too insane that we would insist on signing Vermaelen on a whooping 5-year deal when even our doctors said we shouldnt even sign him for one year, let alone 5!

Chainsaw

Killahead
Speak for yourself. I'd be quite content to never see him play a single game for us. I can only imagine that pushing Bartra further away from the first team than he already is no matter how well the two are playing as well.

+1. Punch this fucker back to Arsenal.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Speak for yourself. I'd be quite content to never see him play a single game for us. I can only imagine that pushing Bartra further away from the first team than he already is no matter how well the two are playing as well.
Seeing him get fit =\= seeing him become a starter. I want him to get fit so we can get some money back. :p

DrPepper

The guy can't even defend properly. It's the Belgian Centre Back Syndrome where none of them can actually defend. Kompany, Vermaelen, Vertonghen... all of them lack proper positioning.

G

Gasgas

The guy can't even defend properly. It's the Belgian Centre Back Syndrome where none of them can actually defend. Kompany, Vermaelen, Vertonghen... all of them lack proper positioning.

Occasional brainfarts aside he was a veery good defender when he used to play

Home of Barca Fans