23 - Jules Kounde

Sooke

Umtii was world class tbh until 2018 wc. Mad man

No player from Ligue 1 is World class. Remember that. They become that type of player when they move to La Liga, Premier League, Serie A or Bundesliga. We signed Samuel on July 14, 2016 from Olympic Lyon as a "rising talent". I am watching him since his arrival, and he has not impressed me. Not even once. Maybe he had some potential at that time but been always injured did not work in his favor.

WTF are you talking about? Rakitic was a great signing for 18 mil and Umtiti was a world class defender until 2018. Lenglet was the basically the only bad signing from Sevilla. Unfortunately he couldn't cope with the pressure.

If we manage to include Depay in this deal it would be beneficial for both sides. Sevila would get a great player in Depay and we would get much needed depth in defense. IMHO this is a win-win situation.

Umtiti world class? Maybe, as a poker player. LOL! Rakitic has never achieved his potential from the Croatian national team in Sevilla or Barcelona. Personally, I like him, but he could not fulfill our needs at the center.

Sorry but can't agree on this one.. Rakitić was a great signing, he was world class midfielder when he was signed.. Not having tools to be a great player, he was like the best defender of last season, Sevilla only conceded 30 goals entire season, their defence was much better than our,Real Madrid and Atletico defence wich says a lot considiring the names that play for biggest 3 spanish clubs.. No offence but the guy hasn't even put Barca kit on and already some fans are passing judgments..

Nicky. I understand your love for a neighbor from Croatia, but please, let's be honest. Rakitic was never a world class. Don't fool yourself. Like I have said, good serviceable midfielder, but never a world class. Luca Modric is a World class. Ivan is few steps bellow him. Many Croatian football fans will tell you the same.

snowy

No player from Ligue 1 is World class. Remember that. They become that type of player when they move to La Liga, Premier League, Serie A or Bundesliga...

43878973_1975345579239516_8128235718033014784_n.jpg

gregorrin10

Nicky. I understand your love for a neighbor from Croatia, but please, let's be honest. Rakitic was never a world class. Don't fool yourself. Like I have said, good serviceable midfielder, but never a world class. Luca Modric is a World class. Ivan is few steps bellow him. Many Croatian football fans will tell you the same.

Agree.

Sooke

WTF are you talking about? Rakitic was a great signing for 18 mil and Umtiti was a world class defender until 2018. Lenglet was the basically the only bad signing from Sevilla. Unfortunately he couldn't cope with the pressure.

Rakitic: Moneywise, yes, I agree. 18 mil. was a good price considering now we pay 50 - 60 mil for that kind of players.
Umtiti : World class until 2018. OK. Lets agree on this. But in the last 4 years he was the biggest disappointment for us, alone with his compatriot Lenglet. I have fear that we are repeating that mistake again.

Bulgroz. I don't know if you really live in Paris, but I can say the same word to you. No French player has succeeded in Barcelona in a more than decade. French players are called "Le fee-fee" in Europe. Do you know why?

gregorrin10

Rakitic: Moneywise, yes, I agree. 18 mil. was a good price considering now we pay 50 - 60 mil for that kind of players.
Umtiti : World class until 2018. OK. Lets agree on this. But in the last 4 years he was the biggest disappointment for us, alone with his compatriot Lenglet. I have fear that we are repeating that mistake again.

Yeah, but gotta take into the account that was pre-Neymar to PSG market. Totally different to now. And I think he also had just one year remaining on his contract. But even that Rakitic would cost at least 40M in today's market. Doesn't mean he was anything special. Tons of average players go for 40 to even 60 or 70M these days. Just look at Ndombele for Tottenham. They were loaning him back to Lyon within a year, and are now struggling to get rid of him (Conte didn't even take him on their South Korea tour). As for Rakitic, like you said, he was serviceable, but nothing more.

As for Umtiti, as good as he was (even world class) in that 2016-18 period, what happened after and the level of drop off and disappointment and the leech he's been for us for almost 5 years now, that is (in my mind) pretty much erasing all the good he gave us in those first two years, sadly. Sure I like to remember that 2016-18 Umtiti from time to time and pretend what a world class pair he and Araujo would be for us now, but then I come back to reality and look at the finished cripple he is now.

Sooke

Yeah, but gotta take into the account that was pre-Neymar to PSG market. Totally different to now. And I think he also had just one year remaining on his contract. But even that Rakitic would cost at least 40M in today's market. Doesn't mean he was anything special. Tons of average players go for 40 to even 60 or 70M these days. Just look at Ndombele for Tottenham. They were loaning him back to Lyon within a year, and are now struggling to get rid of him (Conte didn't even take him on their South Korea tour). As for Rakitic, like you said, he was serviceable, but nothing more.

As for Umtiti, as good as he was (even world class) in that 2016-18 period, what happened after and the level of drop off and disappointment and the leech he's been for us for almost 5 years now, that is (in my mind) pretty much erasing all the good he gave us in those first two years, sadly. Sure I like to remember that 2016-18 Umtiti from time to time and pretend what a world class pair he and Araujo would be for us now, but then I come back to reality and look at the finished cripple he is now.

There is nothing to add to it. You said it all. Same as you, there may have been some good games of Umtiti in 2018, but they are erased from my memory. After that year, he has got so many chances to prove that he is "world class" LOL, but nothing happened.

mc_lovin

Umtiti at his best was a fucking wall, but then dropped a disaster class against Roma. There's really nothing to look back fondly.

Bulgroz

Bulgroz. I don't know if you really live in Paris, but I can say the same word to you. No French player has succeeded in Barcelona in a more than decade. French players are called "Le fee-fee" in Europe. Do you know why?

I live in Paris, yeah.

Can you also elaborate on how "all French African players are injury prone"? All of them? And what are we talking about exactly, French players from African descent? Players born in Africa but raised in France? Which Africa exactly? Does it affect only some countries, or the whole continent? What's your source on that, besides "Umtiti and Dembele are often injured so I'm pretty sure I can make a generality out of it"?

I'll be nicer actually, cause I don't really know you, so I can' t be sure you're a complete moron. Maybe you just had a very moronic take.

Last edited:

Raketa10

If Chelsea hijacks him we are doomed. There is literally no one left on the market. Consequently, our "atomic attack" won't mean shit with the defense we currently have. Alemany please move fast and close him ASAP!

Home of Barca Fans