23 - Jules Kounde

FinBarcelonafan

Like? Which position??

RB(Alves done). RW(if Dembele and Adama both leave).
Stegen badly needs competition. He should be replaced soon.

We are signing Christensen for free in summer and maybe Rudiger. I am fine with those. Enough CBs for now.

We need backup striker for Auba too.

mc_lovin

RB(Alves done). RW(if Dembele and Adama both leave).
Stegen badly needs competition. He should be replaced soon.

We need backup striker for Auba too.

Which should all be smaller operations. If we don't get Haaland there are really no big transfers we can go for (apart from maybe Raphina). We could just as well eye a Pique/Busi replacement then, in which case Kounde should be our top priority.

malvolio

No, but I don't think spending 70m on a CB is a priority or worth it.

Probably more to do with the current club financial situation than anything else. Otherwise I would have payed 70m and have the CB partnership for a decade.

serghei

Christensen Araujo is more than good enough for the time being as the starting pair. The most important atm is Dembele's situation. We need to sort it out before we lose our target for RW to some other team.

mc_lovin

I am fine with Christensen, Pique, Araujo and Garcia. I'd go for CB later. Not this off-season. Improve other areas first.

I mean if everything goes right (Mazraoui, Dembele, Araujo, Gavi) we potentially have:

Attack: Fati/Ferran - Auba/Luuk* - Dembele/Adama
Midfield: Gavi/Pedri - Busi/Nico - Frenkie/Kessie
Defence: Alba/Dest - Garcia/Pique/Araujo/Christensen - Mazraoui/Alves

There are no urgent needs... and only luxury signings can improve us (Haaland, Kounde, Raphina...).

*or another cheap backup striker.

Temptation

De Ligt didn't have 2 years in LL already. Take away the 15M in hype at the time and you get same price for Kounde - 70m.

MDL and Frenkie were insanely hyped after that Ajax season though.

Every top club wanted them. Do you see that buzz for Kounde??

Performing in the CL gives you way more eyeballs and interest than performing in the current poor La Liga. The league hasn't been very good of late

FinBarcelonafan

MDL and Frenkie were insanely hyped after that Ajax season though.

Every top club wanted them. Do you see that buzz for Kounde??

Performing in the CL gives you way more eyeballs and interest than performing in the current poor La Liga. The league hasn't been very good of late

True. Hyped players will come from Villarreal/Benfica this season.

Temptation

Well, Luuk is obviously the weakest spot. Great striker would be need. Auba getting up there in age too.

Nunez would be great but his starting price is 80mil.

If you go for good young strikers you are bound to spend big in this market. Period.

SHOW ME THE MONEYYYY stuff precisely.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans