23 - Jules Kounde

Sooke

Now we just need Tariq Lamptey and our defence will be complete.

Lamptey - Aruajo - Kounde - Balde

The dream is nearly complete.

I just watched several videos of Tariq. Young, fast, pushy and with descent technique. But it's right away obvious his tendency to play solo, even in hopeless situations. Now we have the revived Dembele and Raphinha on the right flank and surely, we don't need his relentless attacks on the wing. I am pretty sure Xavi won't accept that kind of skills since he is advocating possession-based football.

snowy

OK. Technically you are answering to my post, not JamDav's but that is OK. Yes, we don't need more older players in our team. Balde is not a bad option as Jordi's back-up and possible a starter against some low-level teams. But next year we need to find one solid starter for that position. Lamptey does not ring the bell to me. I have not seen a single game with him. One thing is for sure. We don't need a player of the same level as Dest and S.Roberto.

I clicked on your Avatar but it replied to Jammy hahaha, must be a technical bug

hold on, let me try a workaround...

There, it should work:

both Lamptey and Frimpong with long injury spell last season. U might've been right after all ;) How 'bout using a pacey winger as RB/RWB since there's a shortage of FBs out there?

Birdy

Xavi thought at the beginning that Dest was not getting positional football,
and you guys think he will deem Lamptey good for positional football??
:lol:

Sooke

I clicked on your Avatar but it replied to Jammy hahaha, must be a technical bug

hold on, let me try a workaround...

There, it should work:

both Lamptey and Frimpong with long injury spell last season. U might've been right after all ;) How 'bout using a pacey winger as RB/RWB since there's a shortage of FBs out there?

That was for sure technical issue from the site because when I sent my message to you, on the top, instead of your profile name it was showing mine. Anyhow. I am sure the Admin took care of this already.
To answer your question. As I have already said this Barcelona squad has couple of very productive wingers on both flanks. Dembele and Raphinha at right, A.Fati and F.Torres at the left. What that means is that we don't need wide, attack minded full backs. On the contrary, in order to strengthen our defense, we need traditional backs. I know the tendency of the European football these days is the opposite but the way our team is built, we can benefit a lot more from defense-oriented backs.

snowy

That was for sure technical issue from the site because when I sent my message to you, on the top, instead of your profile name it was showing mine. Anyhow. I am sure the Admin took care of this already.
To answer your question. As I have already said this Barcelona squad has couple of very productive wingers on both flanks. Dembele and Raphinha at right, A.Fati and F.Torres at the left. What that means is that we don't need wide, attack minded full backs. On the contrary, in order to strengthen our defense, we need traditional backs. I know the tendency of the European football these days is the opposite but the way our team is built, we can benefit a lot more from defense-oriented backs.

So if not looking for overlaps and tireless runs up n down a la Alves, could even use a CB who's forte is defense... preferably a tall one with good vertical leap for added strength in set pieces :thinking:

or maybe prof. Xavier will go 3 at the back mutant mode

Zidane82

🚨🚨| Chelsea are READY to pay 80M for Frenkie De Jong. Once this transfer is completed, FC Barcelona will sign Bernardo Silva. @LluisMascaro

Zidane82

🚨🚨| FC Barcelona have told Chelsea that they want ?80M fixed for Frenkie De Jong. Official talks have begun & there is confidence that an agreement can be completed. @sport

Zidane82

❗️ President Laporta wants to give Xavi the best possible squad to bring Bar?a back to the top in European football. Hence, he's not satisfied with the reinforcements achieved so far, and he's determined to make the arrival of Bernardo Silva a reality. [sport] #fcblive 🇵🇹

Home of Barca Fans