21 - Frenkie de Jong

Birdy

Mate, there are many reasons we might have looked bad, and had nothing to do with De Jong's absence.

He is better than Busi in covering ground and defensive transitions, if you want to hear that from me.
But that hardly saves him. Kessie can do all that even better.

In the offensive department is where he has been really poor. He is a bad interior, much worse than Gavi for instance, let alone Pedri
Read Ten Hag's interview about him, he explains it really well.
The guy has one position where he is WC, and that position doesn't exist in the 4-3-3

Gnidrologist

Now, as a DM, pivot, the way Xavi wants the position to be played Busi is better.
At what he is exactly better? I know one thing that is almost guaranteed with him as a starter - we concede 3 or more goals against any semi competent team we face in CL. Maybe we can now balance it out with much more potent attack and score 5 goals to answer that, but i would prefer our midfield to consist of players that can actually cope with the pace of current football and no bite my fingers of out of anxiety to constantly be assfucked by anyone, who doesn't just par a bus, but also can counter with speedy players. Only scenario, where DJ could become an uneeded surplus is if Nico becomes our new "barca DNA" DM. Only reason Xavi prefers him even though he's been shitting his pants in every high stakes match, is because he's his friend and a veteran with great rep. DJ might not be able to copy his style, but he can run, defend and be omnipresent all around the pitch, while Busi just stands in his little circle and circulates the ball. The away match vs Napoli was good example how dominant we can be with pacey midfield.

It's also interesting how majority here support Xavi in DeJongs case, while still shitting on him and saying he's been out of his debt with his tactical decisions.

snowy

BTW, he is supposed to get 18m Gross next season + 3m loyalty bonus.
this is more or less 10m NET to receive next season

If he cuts his salary by 4m NET reported, then he will earn 6m NET next season (exactly as much Raphinia is earning).
Still a lot for a benchwarmer, but the club will save around 9-10 m GROSS on the books just for next season

I am pretty sure Allemany will also trim all the loyalty bonuses for all upcoming seasons in his contract as well

Isn't the loyalty bonus only activated 2 years from now?

Don't even see him accepting any haircut or trim. Padremany's just posturing.

serghei

Sorry, I don't really understand De Jong. United is not THAT bad of a destination and the manager would love him there.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sorry, I don't really understand De Jong. United is not THAT bad of a destination and the manager would love him there.

It's a team that's been rebuilding for 10 years and not in the CL for the upcoming season. No guarantee they'll get top four either although probably should with how weak Chelsea look and how Arsenal love to choke.

serghei

It's a team that's been rebuilding for 10 years and not in the CL for the upcoming season. No guarantee they'll get top four either although probably should with how weak Chelsea look and how Arsenal love to choke.

Yeah, but it is arogance on his part to see himself as way above that. Reality is that he had 3 mediocre seasons for us.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah, but it is arogance on his part to see himself as way above that. Reality is that he had 3 mediocre seasons for us.

He's also at the club he's always dreamed about playing at. It's not far fetched that he want to prove the doubters wrong.

Maybe he would have gone if a team like Bayern, City, Liverpool or even PSG made an offer, but Man Utd just isn't it.

serghei

He's also at the club he's always dreamed about playing at. It's not far fetched that he want to prove the doubters wrong.

Maybe he would have gone if a team like Bayern, City, Liverpool or even PSG made an offer, but Man Utd just isn't it.

But if those teams made an offer we wouldn't have been selling. :lol:

jamrock

Lol facts 🤣.

But 50% is insane can't see him taking that.

French football magazine said dembele didn't take 40% either because that's also insane

Maybe a 20% but at most is what I see any rational sports man taking.

Givenchy

He's still way above United's level.

Also, Neville crying like a bitch on twitter :lol: reeeee free Frenkie from that bad evil Barcelona

snowy

yeah but Demz had to renegotiate as he was out of contract and his stupid agent filled his brain with compost

FDJ is gucci for the next 4 years. Guess it really depends on his personality at the end of the d

If he's super chill, he'd agree to the cuts to help out the club

If he doesn't like the suits, he could easily say: Screw it, I'm the best, not my fault if Xavi can't see it. His limitation

Imma get mine. Say hi to my Big Bertha. See ya'll foolz on the greens :D

edit: still think the 1 yr loan is the ideal solution

to PSG, City or Pool & even to Arsenal (cool team!) or even ManU (Sancho & 10H are cool)

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
If I was him I'd tell the club to get fucked lol. They can't do shit and they aren't going to be stupid enough to severely depreciate a valuable asset by benching him for the remainder of his contract lol.
I'd rather have a fdj kessie double pivot with Pedri ahead of them than see the coaches best mate start every game for the remainder of the season.

Home of Barca Fans