21 - Frenkie de Jong

gregorrin10

No way he agree to a 50% salary cut.

No player would.

Even if rejecting it means downgrading from tier 1 to tier 2 of European football? I'm not so sure. Plus he clearly loves Barca, we're literally his dream club, he said this multiple times. I do see him reducing his wage in order to stay, I always did.

Givenchy

Even if rejecting it means downgrading from tier 1 to tier 2 of European football? I'm not so sure. Plus he clearly loves Barca, we're literally his dream club, he said this multiple times. I do see him reducing his wage in order to stay, I always did.

Stupid part is, I think he would of been open to lowering his wages to fit the new structure BEFORE the transfer saga started, had Barca sat down and discussed things with him. Now though, probably some bad blood between them. That is why I truly believe Xavi doesn't rate him and just wants him gone at this point.

Alik

Stupid part is, I think he would of been open to lowering his wages to fit the new structure BEFORE the transfer saga started, had Barca sat down and discussed things with him. Now though, probably some bad blood between them. That is why I truly believe Xavi doesn't rate him and just wants him gone at this point.

How do you know they haven't?

The guy is willing to take a paycut of 50%, be back up CB behind Kounde & Araujo over joining Manchester United.. Must be a gigantic slap in the face for their fanbase. Lmao. Beautiful scenes, absolutely disgusting fanbase who think everyone would join that pathetic club.

I would still prefer to sell him for that 85M fee, maybe we should give Chelsea some discount for hijacking all their transfer targets so Tuchel can stop crying about Barca.

Last edited:

Birdy

If he reduces by 50% his ludicrous Bartomeuesque wages, then he did his part and the club have no moral justification to kick him out

Notwithstanding - Of course- that he still doesn't fit and holds the team back.

But if he stays under the new conditions, he will gradually realize he is far from indisputable, seeing Kessie Gavi and Pablo Torre all playing before him in md.
When the time comes, and we get Bernardo too (Xavi is obsessed with), he will be out on his own volition,
because he is not a finished fuck like Umtiti or Bale, who are happy to enjoy the sun in Spain without being professional footballers.

Step by step

Co0ter

If he reduces by 50% his ludicrous Bartomeuesque wages, then he did his part and the club have no moral justification to kick him out

Notwithstanding - Of course- that he still doesn't fit and holds the team back.

But if he stays under the new conditions, he will gradually realize he is far from indisputable, seeing Kessie Gavi and Pablo Torre all playing before him in md.
When the time comes, and we get Bernardo too (Xavi is obsessed with), he will be out on his own volition,
because he is not a finished fuck like Umtiti or Bale, who are happy to enjoy the sun in Spain without being professional footballers.

Step by step

Seeing that De Jong was our best midfielder last season, I'm wondering how you came to this conclusion.

Any game he wasnt started, we struggled to control the midfield. While Gavi and Pedri are a fun midfield to watch, they arent the most cohesive one due to an aged, slow DM who is often out of position is playing behind them. Neither of them covered for Busquets like De Jong did.

The only reason to sell was due to massive wages, or for a large fee we could use to strengthen other positions either this season or next (LB and DM). Either way, putting faith in the 3 youngsters and Kessie will be risky. Swapping De Jong for Silva will be mostly a horizontal change in quality and not worth the money..

jamrock

Silva is a much much much better player than de jong isn't not even close.

But still I don't want him, rather sell de jong to help out net spend.

Birdy

Seeing that De Jong was our best midfielder last season, I'm wondering how you came to this conclusion.

Any game he wasnt started, we struggled to control the midfield. While Gavi and Pedri are a fun midfield to watch, they arent the most cohesive one due to an aged, slow DM who is often out of position is playing behind them. Neither of them covered for Busquets like De Jong did.

The only reason to sell was due to massive wages, or for a large fee we could use to strengthen other positions either this season or next (LB and DM). Either way, putting faith in the 3 youngsters and Kessie will be risky. Swapping De Jong for Silva will be mostly a horizontal change in quality and not worth the money..
Huh?
Where exactly did you see that 'best midfielder' stuff?

Pedri was certainly better than him as an interior by miles.
Gavi and Nico, in the few games they played, showed more as interiors.

Now, as a DM, pivot, the way Xavi wants the position to be played Busi is better.
I know many of you disagree, but that's how Xavi sees it.

And, we come back to the most frequent question on this thread: Where exactly is he going to play?
As an interior, he is below par
and he is NOT a single pivot.
His position doesn't exist in Xavi's system

The only position that is left for him is the Libero, when Xavi plays 3 atb

Joan

I don't think anyone will start over Frenkie at the beginning. Pedri and Busquets are ahead for Xavi but Frenkie is still ahead of Kessie and Gavi. Kessie might take over, don't see it for Gavi and Torre.

Birdy

Kessie and Gavi seemed to be above in the pecking order already, judging by friendlies.

We will see if that changes by the start of the season.

Just reminding everyone that last spring, Frenkie was ALWAYS the first to be subbed out by Xavi

Birdy

BTW, he is supposed to get 18m Gross next season + 3m loyalty bonus.
this is more or less 10m NET to receive next season

If he cuts his salary by 4m NET reported, then he will earn 6m NET next season (exactly as much Raphinia is earning).
Still a lot for a benchwarmer, but the club will save around 9-10 m GROSS on the books just for next season

I am pretty sure Allemany will also trim all the loyalty bonuses for all upcoming seasons in his contract as well

Co0ter

Kessie and Gavi seemed to be above in the pecking order already, judging by friendlies.

We will see if that changes by the start of the season.

Just reminding everyone that last spring, Frenkie was ALWAYS the first to be subbed out by Xavi

They are either playing him as CB to see if they could use him as CB as well, or they are doing it to further aggravate him into taking the United deal or moving elsewhere.

Pedri had plenty of games where he also was "just there". We looked bad almost every game last season, despite the youngsters showing promise some games. The main thing that stood out was that when De Jong wasnt there, our midfield was disjointed and we struggled to control the ball and possession.

Blame our out of position DM. Blame Xavi's tactics. But Barca looked poor last season and the midfield usually looked worse when he wasnt there. Pedri, De Jong was by far our best CM pairing.

Home of Barca Fans