21 - Frenkie de Jong

malvolio

I don't see his role in this setup. Like what is he supposed to bring differently compared to the rest? Nico is doing things we want Frenkie to do.

paulinho/vidal role. pops up in the box an scores from time to time.

we had that for way less money.

BusiTheKing

I counted three or four times he got a crucial touch in to snatch away a 50/50 chance for Benfica. He's there for those tackles and you can rely on him.

Offensively, I think he's still a bit confused as to what exactly his role is. He would thrive more centrally, I think.

serghei

Too early, it's the 2nd game with this type of football ffs. You have to give it at least 6 months. Xavi should just instruct the midfielders to take more shots. It's that simple (sort of).

There's no star attacker to defer to. Not until both Fati and Dembele are fit and occupy the wings consistently. Then I can understand playing Dembele or Fati instead of taking the shot. But don't give the ball to fucking Demir when you can shoot. You're an 85m worth of player for fucks sake.

Good match in the end, but that header was a very clear chance and he hit it poorly and straight at the keeper.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Turning on him. Piece of crap. Overpaid, overvalued. SELL.

Frustrating. He can never do anything special for his price.

He is supposed to be the leader here, but he ain't one. Always passing when goal scoring chance etc. No balls to lead this team.

Porque

Done alot of unsung work. Good game.

Pedri, Gavi, Nico, de Jong. You want to keep this quartet for 18 months with no talk of exits and let Xavi do his work.

malvolio

Too early, it's the 2nd game with this type of football ffs. You have to give it at least 6 months. Xavi should just instruct the midfielders to take more shots. It's that simple. There's no star attacker to defer to. Not until both Fati and Dembele are fit and occupy the wings consistently.

yeah, another 6 months and we are at 3 seasons of nothing with him. what next? another season if xavi gets sacked at the end of this one?

Home of Barca Fans