21 - Frenkie de Jong

mc_lovin

He was good until we started imploding again - as usual. We just cannot finish games off.

I still believe 90% of our problems will be solved with a somewhat professional front line (and not kids, makeshift solutions...).

fergus90

My main gripe with De Jong are things I don't know are fixable for him, as it's going against all his natural instincts as a footballer. That is he is quite ponderous to release the ball and can pivot himself in circles before releasing a pass and he's quite hesitant to pick a pass further than 10 yards away.

He has tremendous abilities, but his game and Barca's game are not quite a happy marriage right now. Perhaps Xavi can coach him into it though, we shall have to see.

Having said that, like I said above, i do think he was pretty good today.

Nazario1985

He has tremendous abilities, but his game and Barca's game are not quite a happy marriage right now. Perhaps Xavi can coach him into it though, we shall have to see.

Xavi have no time to waste and should do what Pep and Rijkaard did : level up quickly or gtfo.

The fact is, he is occupying a very important spot and we loose so much with him being brain farting for months and back passing the shit out of that ball.

frostdude1

He has had a very average season. With the rise of Nico and Gavi, we really have to ask if selling him for a big transfer might be a good thing.

Kul_z

If the players dont hog ball that much he could easily score a valid goal. He was our best player in first half, gassed in second.

Home of Barca Fans