21 - Frenkie de Jong

KingLeo10

Just used to watching real quality over the years , namely Iniesta and Xavi and this guy offers not a fraction of what they did.

Still think he plays to deep for us.

Xavi in 08-09 is the football connoisseur's GOAT. The top teams were playing chess and this guy was playing inter-dimensional.

Horatio

You're welcome
What is up with this Frenkie to prime Xavi comparison I keep seeing. if you are going to compare Frenkie to Xavi at least compare him to 22-year old Xavi. In any case, they shouldn’t be compared.

Also Xavi has been prepared to play for Barca from the age of 11.
This is Frenkie’s first season here.

Last edited:

Zidane82

FDJ seems to be playing a different game to everyone else .. he has so much time .. knows where everyone is .. always has a perfect first touch .. chooses the right ball .

BBZ8800

It's all about interceptions my man.

:mou:

Since you are referring to my posts about Arthur, where I claim that he is borderline horrible in defending and now you want to make it sound as if I would say that Frenkie is horrible too, no.

No one can beat Arthur's horrible levels of defending:
Tackles:
1,6 Frenkie
0,9 Arthur

Interceptions:
0,8 Frenkie
0,4 Arthur

Clearances:
0,4 Frenkie
0,3 Arthur

Blocks:
0,2 Frenkie
- Arthur

Total:
3,0 defensive contributions per match Frenkie
1,6 Arthur

So, this is Frenkie's first season. He had less time to adjust to a team, teammates and our defensive patterns.
And still he has twice as many defensive contributions as Arthur.

So, in case of Frenkie, this joke about interceptions won't work.
Since he can play defense.

For example, the most shocking stat about Arthur's defending is that even Denis Suarez this season has better defensive stats than him.
And he is a player with a playing style and physique of a teen girl.

Even Denise has 0,9 tackles and 0,7 interceptions per match.

Shocking.

Havesaks

As so
on as he will be able to play DM his true class will be shown. It says a lot he plays cm right now, because We Are so lacking in that department. The guy thrives on space and isnt a small place player. But makes up for it with positional play, effort, and all around talent. A class midfield addition, and he will be out best player bar messi

Zidane82

Since you are referring to my posts about Arthur, where I claim that he is borderline horrible in defending and now you want to make it sound as if I would say that Frenkie is horrible too, no.

No one can beat Arthur's horrible levels of defending:
Tackles:
1,6 Frenkie
0,9 Arthur

Interceptions:
0,8 Frenkie
0,4 Arthur

Clearances:
0,4 Frenkie
0,3 Arthur

Blocks:
0,2 Frenkie
- Arthur

Total:
3,0 defensive contributions per match Frenkie
1,6 Arthur

So, this is Frenkie's first season. He had less time to adjust to a team, teammates and our defensive patterns.
And still he has twice as many defensive contributions as Arthur.

So, in case of Frenkie, this joke about interceptions won't work.
Since he can play defense.

For example, the most shocking stat about Arthur's defending is that even Denis Suarez this season has better defensive stats than him.
And he is a player with a playing style and physique of a teen girl.

Even Denise has 0,9 tackles and 0,7 interceptions per match.

Shocking.

FDJ and Arthur could be the new evolved Iniesta & Xavi :)

Home of Barca Fans