21 - Frenkie de Jong

messi2140

6racies Xavi
When your dreams of destroying Dijon Mustard 14-0 instead of 7-0 get shattered.

He said some days ago that he would not “see his career as a city sightseeing”

I’m starting to believe that Barto promised him that two starters will go within a year, that rumor also came from Oriol Domenech

Great point.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Money and playing time again will be major factor.
If Umtiti doesn't recover, maybe Barca.
I would predict Juve due to Raiola and needs of CB.

I don't think Juventus will be ready to pay that much though. They probably have to sell a player or two for a high fee to afford it.

Givenchy

90mil is only 15mil more than 75mil but its also only 10mil less than 100mil.. ah what the heck, ridiculous price tbh but im more worried about the wages. market is beyond fucked (partly thanks to us) but atleast we got a player who should fit us like a glove, i believe in this kid.

khaled_a_d

At least he has both Dembele and Coutinho ahead of him in terms of transfer fees to take off the pressure I guess.

Dembele had a giant target on his back due to it and he's holding up pretty well now.

It didn't help the likes of Gomes/Paulinho/Paco/Arda etc. The pressure will be insane and it is up to him to handle it.

If true I want to hear those calculations that said the money difference in such deal is so minimal in comparison to Rabiot!!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Teams now pay as much for potential than they do for current ability. Rodrygo and Vinicius were in no way worth 40m each as 16 year old players. Dembele wasn't worth what we paid for him. Look at some of the fees paid for other players. Bayern are trying to sign a Chelsea talent for 40m+.

The market is fucked up and it's rare to come across true bargains. Arthur is a bargain and even Arthur cost around 35-40m directly from Brazil which a lot of people thought was too much.

Teams are willing to pay a lot for younger players as they see them as a vital cog for them for 10 years or someone with a high resale value later.

Messi983

He said some days ago that he would not “see his career as a city sightseeing”

I’m starting to believe that Barto promised him that two starters will go within a year, that rumor also came from Oriol Domenech

This would be a stupid promise from Bartomeu so hopefully not true.

Frenkie needs to prove his worth to the team before we sell anyone of the starters.

Newcomer

I don't think Juventus will be ready to pay that much though. They probably have to sell a player or two for a high fee to afford it.

They got double money from Adidas since CR7 arrival.

Also they got Ramsey for free. They are not spending a lot despite reinforcing.

Newcomer

This would be a stupid promise from Bartomeu so hopefully not true.

Frenkie needs to prove his worth to the team before we sell anyone of the starters.

That would make sense though.
This purchase is very expensive both in wages or transfer fee.
With the already high wages bill, it would not be crazy to see some high salaries go out.

Home of Barca Fans