21 - Frenkie de Jong

Ammar17j

It's confirmed.. He picked Barcelona over PSG. The fee is 90m btw. (According to the dutch media)

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Interesting. We will see.

Financially it will be interesting to see how the club deals with the first wages in the world exploding all records on it.

Say what you want on Perez (i hate him) but he manages his club in a far far more intelligent way than Barto. Barto is a panic after panic. Suarez should have been sold last year.
His replacement would have been anticipated one year ago. Same thing for the middlefield after the Gomes case. Amateurs management.

We will see how Perez manages the transition period now. Their squad is in a far worse state than ours. Wouldnt call that intelligent.

serghei

Based on the news, it's 75m with some added on bonuses that would make it 90. If the dutch media is taking those in considerations they must be reasonably attainable by Ajax, so no BD clause, just games played probably.

Devils

I think it was coming tbh.

-Tobido on a free,
-Rabiot on a free

Don't forget that Barcelona did excellent business last summer and despite the number of transfers, we ended with an overall surplus due to sales.

Definitely going to have to sell Rakitic though.

The problem now is wages, not the transfer fees.

serghei

This means no Rabiot. Would mean limited playing time for both, can’t see them accept

We'll have to wait and see. Getting Rabiot and De Jong for a combined 90m. is better business than getting just De Jong for 90.

Would be a nice rejuvenation of our midfield. To have 3 potential starters under the age of 24. I really hope the club realised that Busi and Rakitic should play their last 6 months together as starters.

Home of Barca Fans