21 - Frenkie de Jong

JamDav1982

Money well spent.

Improves team massively.

Been best mid on average since signed and voted player of year in one of those.

Shit time to arrive at club but top player that top teams would love to have.

Keep at it Frenkie Glue!

mc_lovin

At least a gave his trend some life, lol.

His fanboys only pop up & light this trend up after his once every 7 games, 8/10 performance.

He ain't done shit In his 4 years at Barcelona to justify his price tag, would not make it into any WC 22 squad, only mid at Barcelona that would come close to doing that in pedri, that's what we paid for.

Would take a bunch of cheaper players over him, because if you take FDJ out the team & put in XYZ player, over the last 4 years ain't nothing changing.

Fans acting like he is the reason we are finally about to win after he's been here all this time.

nah bruv a great defensive, a young Midfielder that shows up, Dembele finally showing up are the major contributing reasons.

He is what he's always been a good player, that you don't have to worry about when you see him on the team Sheet, not isn't gonna make the difference on a consistent basis either.

Solid 6.5-7/10

He's just a great glue guy, not a 85m best in the world type midfield.

A water carrier with arguably the best ball carrying ability in midfield on the planet? Makes no sense.

We win because we finally have a balanced squad with just a few weak spots. Remember when we played Memphis+two kids from the B team upfront? That's just no way to judge a player.

We found a very good balance now with four midfielders and Frenkie is vital for that. Only big question mark for me is whether we want to play like that short- to midterm. Feels more like a situational solution. With that gone we are back at scrambling to find a place for him.

JamDav1982

A water carrier with arguably the best ball carrying ability in midfield on the planet? Makes no sense.

We win because we finally have a balanced squad with just a few weak spots. Remember when we played Memphis+two kids from the B team upfront? That's just no way to judge a player.

We found a very good balance now with four midfielders and Frenkie is vital for that. Only big question mark for me is whether we want to play like that short- to midterm. Feels more like a situational solution. With that gone we are back at scrambling to find a place for him.

The four midfielders is because of Gavi at AM on left.

Gavi is not a better CM than FDJ no chance and he is not a better AM than Pedri.

If Xavi gives up the four mid and thinks Gavi/Busi are better in a three than FDJ it will go down hill again.

There should be no srambling to find a place for him. Should be with Pedri the first names down in midfield.

jamrock

I agree we win because the team is finally functional.

Cats keep making it out as if FJD is the reason for that, I pointed out the entire spine of the team

Defensive
Midfield
Attack.

4 man Midfield definitely works & is plays a big part in that, never denied that, he just isn't the reason the team plays well as is being made out.

It's definitely more situational, xavi prefers 4-3-3, but we have no LF, this setup has worked perfectly to address that issue so far.

Windhook

This is what I love in Xavi's Barca - nobody stands out in the squad, but we are rolling.:lol:

The rest is dick measuring - "my Frenkie is better than your Pedri, take the L and kill yourself".

mc_lovin

The four midfielders is because of Gavi at AM on left.

Gavi is not a better CM than FDJ no chance and he is not a better AM than Pedri.

If Xavi gives up the four mid and thinks Gavi/Busi are better in a three than FDJ it will go down hill again.

There should be no srambling to find a place for him. Should be with Pedri the first names down in midfield.

Not thinking about quality, but trajectory and how well the players fit in a 433. I adore Frenkie, but in a year or two with a new DM and maybe a LW emerging who knows.

But it's far too speculative at this point. I am very pleased for now.

jamrock

If we have no money to spend, we should just bank on him being busquets replacement, I'd take him over 90% of the players being linked.

If we her a LF & DM, think we all know xavi prefers gavi & pedri in a midfield 3.

Hopefully he can finally organize a midfield 3 to control a game, he hasn't thus far.

JamDav1982

Not thinking about quality, but trajectory and how well the players fit in a 433. I adore Frenkie, but in a year or two with a new DM and maybe a LW emerging who knows.

But it's far too speculative at this point. I am very pleased for now.

That will only work if Pedri/Gavi can develop to work as a pair.

At moment midfield looks too weak and chaotic with those two in a three too often.

World cup and in Europe it didnt work.

mc_lovin

World cup and in Europe it didnt work.

You keep repeating that, but when you look at our key games in CL this season:
1) Away vs Bayern: sensational performance in midfield with Gavi-Busi-Pedri (more possession, shots, everything - utterly shit finishing sunk us)
2) Away vs Inter: same midfield, average performance. Low-scoring game - referee was shit.
3) Home vs Inter: same midfield, sensational performance. Defense sunk us (arguably the worst I have ever seen from Pique)

I prefer our current setup, but Busquets, Gavi and Pedri weren't half as bad as you make them out to be. When the planets align and we are back for a midfield 3 I am not sure Frenkie will be in there. He's not a DM. At CM he's reduced to runs into the box. Gavi is slightly worse right now, but should also have the most room for improvement.

JamDav1982

Pedri was good away to Bayern and Inter. Gavi was good away to Bayern.

But they were broke through too easily and conceded too many goals on the break and through middle.

Inter could have scored 5 at Camp Nou.

Same as in EL.. Frankfurt broke through with ease and battered Barca.

In WC it failed as well.

Pedri was best mid in many of those games as well. But as a three it is failing too often.

There is a reason Xavi is not playing it so often now.

Last edited:

vuji_31

Pedri was good away to Bayern and Inter. Gavi was good away to Bayern.

But they were broke through too easily and conceded too many goals on the break and through middle.

Inter could have scored 5 at Camp Nou.

Same as in EL.. Frankfurt broke through with ease and battered Barca.

In WC it failed as well.

Pedri was best mid in many of those games as well. But as a three it is failing too often.

There is a reason Xavi is not playing it so often now.

Agree.

Busi-Gavi-Pedri didn't work good.

We don't have players to play with 3 midfilders, only Pedri is one sure, others are not.

serghei

It's gonna be a long time until we can sign an elite LW. So... this formula works the best, with Balde in charge of keeping width on the outside and using Gavi's energy to make runs and support him. I can see us signing Gundogan in the summer, hopefully for a small fee considering his age.

vuji_31

Gundogan's contract is over so it will be free.

I am not big fan of him, this is season he is bad, he failed from cliff, and signing 32-33 years old player to enjoy last few years of his carrier on big contract just because he is free is not option for me.

But club is broke, and they will sign him.

Home of Barca Fans