21 - Frenkie de Jong

jamrock

Dont make me laugh. Watched the game against reims, guy left a dungeon of space in middle, while their left flank got exposed heavily. Another mediocre spanish footballer. At best that would be another andre gomes type of signing. Who next? For 40-50m? You guys seriously underestimate what fdj brings to the table in this setup(busquets plays way better in this role, wont deny)
My only reason for selling him is his paycheck.

Nah brah I really meant old Fabian, when he went to Napoli for 30m,was it 3/4 years ago? About the same as when FDJ came here?

If we had spent that 30m on him instead of 85m on Frankie, 4 years later their would he 0 difference in where the team is now.

Leon Goretzka, another player we would have gotten around the same time we got de jong for less money. That's another good glue guy.

Quite a few our their actually.

85m for a glue guy helll nooo, 85m you're the first team ok the team sheet, WC kimmich level shit.

Napoli ruined, ruizzz lol.

JamDav1982

Fabian Ruiz is nowhere near the player FDJ is and plays a different position. Always been the case.

Frenkie is hugely important to Barca at their best due to what he does well and quality on the ball.

Thankfully Xavi has caught up.

Keep it up Frenkie!

Rory

But how much value does a very good 'glue guy' add to the players around them? Busquets would be nowhere without him at this stage of his career. Gavi and Pedri wouldn't have the same freedom. Centre backs wouldn't have the option of being able to pass to a midfielder as often. Truth is he's allowed those around to up their levels and add tens of millions in value to the team.

Goretzka a great glue guy lol, he's been injured for about 9 months since Frenkie signed for us.

JamDav1982

But how much value does a very good 'glue guy' add to the players around them? Busquets would be nowhere without him at this stage of his career. Gavi and Pedri wouldn't have the same freedom. Centre backs wouldn't have the option of being able to pass to a midfielder as often. Truth is he's allowed those around to up their levels and add tens of millions in value to the team.

Goretzka a great glue guy lol, he's been injured for about 9 months since Frenkie signed for us.

This idea of 'glue guy' is just some kind of coping mechanism for how much better FDJ makes the team and trying to minimize it as something anyone can do.

All very transparent.

Fucking names like Fabian Ruiz say it all... last summer it was all about how class Kessie was and would suit Barca with a skillset more suited than FDJ.. now its Fabian Ruiz.. but a Fabian Ruiz of years ago...He played his best football at Napoli but since the moronic claim was made its being spun to 'Napoli ruined him'

Goooooooo Glue Boy!!!!!

It it the ultimate compliment really.

Last edited:

jamrock

Thomas partey, when did he move to Arsenal? 3 years ago?, Couldn't have spent more then 85m on him.

Another good glue guy for less than 85m.

That's three

In order if we went for
Leon
Partey

Ruiz.

Instead of FJD, the only difference 4 years later would be that we have some extra cash in the bank, (yea I don't it's doesn't work like that in reality).

point is though, you don't pay 85m for a 6th man.

It's his price that fucks him, he's solid/very good.

Not 85m good though, never will be, which is why when he gives a 85m performances is fans run here to gas him so badly, but as per usual, he Always just goes back to being, nice neat Frankie after.

JamDav1982

Jeeper Ruiz claim being doubled down on.

Gooooo Glue Boy!

Ultimate compliment.

85m and been best mid at club across time arrived. Been player of year in one and would get money back on him no bother.

Would have helped pay a good bit back of that had Xavi not been as clueless enough to back the Busi/Pedri/Gavi midfield in both EL and CL until out.

Xavi has caught up to his class and how important is.

Crucial to Barca team playing their best football.

Last edited:

jamrock

I don't know why y'all are upset about the glue guy comment, they help team win championship chips.

Lakers ain't winning shit without Robert horry, greatest glue guy ever.

JohnN

Call him whatever you want.
De Paul was Messi's water carrier and bodyguard for Argentina, but they wouldn't be WC winners without him.
It all depends on what the team needs. FDJ suits the current system beautifully.
If he was part of a classic 4-3-3 midfield he wouldn't be good. Just like Gavi. Just like busquets. The only one suited for both systems is Pedri. But currently, FDJ is super impactful.

jamrock

De Paul was Messi's water carrier and bodyguard for Argentina, but they wouldn't be WC winners without him.
It all depends on what the team needs. FDJ suits the current system beautifully.
If he was part of a classic 4-3-3 midfield he wouldn't be good. Just like Gavi. Just like busquets. The only one suited for both systems is Pedri. But currently, FDJ is super impactful.

De Paul another one, great shut.

I agree teams need water carriers, glue guys, he's fold his role at Barcelona, the Barcelona de Paul (Argentina de Paul).

My point is 85m for those guys is a bit much.

But we'll make back most of it he decides to leave, so it's not too bad.

JamDav1982

I don't know why y'all are upset about the glue guy comment, they help team win championship chips.

Lakers ain't winning shit without Robert horry, greatest glue guy ever.

Upset?

Glue boy is excellent.

His positive influence can be described in many ways.

How much he helps glue team together is one.

Gooo Glue Boy!

Like it.

JamDav1982

De Paul another one, great shut.

I agree teams need water carriers, glue guys, he's fold his role at Barcelona, the Barcelona de Paul (Argentina de Paul).

My point is 85m for those guys is a bit much.

But we'll make back most of it he decides to leave, so it's not too bad.

De Paul could do what FDJ does...

Sensational.

Keep these claims coming.

Better than any argument the FDJ fanboys can make.

Lets not forget FDJ has been best player in team this year at DM without Busi more than once.. lets not forget he has been better than Gavi all season at CM as was last year.

Glue boy, versatile, crucial.

Should be a bannner up in Nou Camp.

ajnotkeith

I get your point and that you're backing Frenkie but De Paul is a bad comparison.

You can find a lot of midfielders like De Paul in every top league. Workhorse midfielders are a dime a dozen.

Frenkie is a unique player, his awareness and positional understanding is special and when allowed freedom to move he can rule a midfield. Also has brilliant technique and great dribbling, great physical qualities, you cannot find a player with all of that for 30m whatever people in this thread are saying.

You find midfielders like De Paul for 30m though, sure.

jamrock

Upset?

Glue boy is excellent.

His positive influence can be described in many ways.

How much he helps glue team together is one.

Gooo Glue Boy!

Like it.

Okay good, because Rory seemed upset.

He's a good glue guy, will never hear me argue against that.

Price though 🤢

jamrock

I get your point and that you're backing Frenkie but De Paul is a bad comparison.

You can find a lot of midfielders like De Paul in every top league. Workhorse midfielders are a dime a dozen.

Frenkie is a unique player, his awareness and positional understanding is special and when allowed freedom to move he can rule a midfield. Also has brilliant technique and great dribbling, great physical qualities, you cannot find a player with all of that for 30m whatever people in this thread are saying.

You find midfielders like De Paul for 30m though, sure.

De Paul is a WC winner, don't be disrespecting the guy, if he could bring his Argentina/WC form to Barcelona, we would miss franke 0.

Home of Barca Fans