21 - Frenkie de Jong

vuji_31

His contract id disgrace, Barto payed 75 + 10mil, plus salary which current Mbappe would take if goes from PSG (almost).

Problem is who to buy if we cash him to United??
Bellingham is mission impossible, Kimmich same, Goretzka same...B.Silva is CAM, Barella is not good enough if you ask me, and always injured...

snowy

A lot of money for a water carrier, but it is what it is.

giphy.gif

he ain't ur evrday water carrier dawg

Gnidrologist

He was "support player" at Ajax too. And excellent at that. He's neither pure DM, CM and definitely not AM, but fills all the gaps with constant smart roaming, wherever needed. Closer to Xavis own style as player than anyone currently. Like a good drummer in a rock band. That's an underrated skill. Our midfield is both anemic in possession and easily overrun in defense without him. Agree with Jamz here.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

He was "support player" at Ajax too. And excellent at that. He's neither pure DM, CM and definitely not AM, but fills all the gaps with constant smart roaming, wherever needed. Closer to Xavis own style as player than anyone currently. Like a good drummer in a rock band. That's an underrated skill. Our midfield is both anemic in possession and easily overrun in defense without him. Agree with Jamz here.

Indeed.

Even in a midfield three he is far better than likes of Gavi but in this four he is crucial.

Can see why likes of Mundo were praising him for running game in midweek.

Xavi gets it now.

jamrock

Top of my head, Fabian Ruiz

Could probably come up with more names.

In the NBA they would call FDJ a glue guy, maybe a 6th man if we're giving him more respect.

You don't pay 85m for a glue guy.

Thankfully he's young so that club could make back most of its money on him, so not a total waste, solid business case.

But bang for the buck prospective, waste of 85m.

gasgas

We finally found a decent setup for him (and the rest of our midfielders given that any combination of Busquets, Gavi, Pedri, Frenkie in a midfield 3 lacks something), but I get the feeling the summer will be all about selling him to be operational in the transfer market.

Nothing wrong with a Busi- FDJ- Pedri midfield

Kul_z

Top of my head, Fabian Ruiz

Could probably come up with more names.

In the NBA they would call FDJ a glue guy, maybe a 6th man if we're giving him more respect.

You don't pay 85m for a glue guy.

Thankfully he's young so that club could make back most of its money on him, so not a total waste, solid business case.

But bang for the buck prospective, waste of 85m.

Dont make me laugh. Watched the game against reims, guy left a dungeon of space in middle, while their left flank got exposed heavily. Another mediocre spanish footballer. At best that would be another andre gomes type of signing. Who next? For 40-50m? You guys seriously underestimate what fdj brings to the table in this setup(busquets plays way better in this role, wont deny)
My only reason for selling him is his paycheck.

JamDav1982

Fucking hell.. Fabian Ruiz is not even close to FDJ or same player.

Awful shout.

FDJ is class and showing it.

Hurts some it seems.

Spin argument... 'players like FDJ can be picked up for 30/40m.. what a waste of money'

Next line.. 'club can make most of money back on him'.

Class players worth the money.

Last summer it was so easy to replace FDJ it was claimed that 'Kessie has the skill set for Barca in way FDJ doesnt'.

Usual nonsense and thankfully Xavi has caught up to the reality of FDJ and how important he is.

Impressive way FDJ is made out to be so limited yet vastly superior on ball to likes of Gavi currently.. but dont let truth get in the way.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans