20 - Sergi Roberto

Zidane82

Not sure what you guys are seeing .. I recall the assist to Suarez .. a nice pass but nothing special .. it wasn’t exactly inch perfect given that Suarez nearly ruptured his spleen stretching for it :)

xXKonan

Good game when he came on.

he will run into some problems with teams that press us when he has the ball but he at least he has the legs and attitude to make up for it.

Riordon

Looked good. Always liked him as a midfielder, brings intensity and make a lot of runs. As of right now my favorite midfield is Bussi-Frenkie-Roberto, with Roberto being the most advanced. Would also give around 10 goals each season and lots of forward passes

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Looked good. Always liked him as a midfielder, brings intensity and make a lot of runs. As of right now my favorite midfield is Bussi-Frenkie-Roberto, with Roberto being the most advanced. Would also give around 10 goals each season and lots of forward passes

Or Arthur -Roberto and De Jong as pivot? I wonder if Roberto can play as pivot?

Neeraj

Roberto's situation really shouldn't be this complicated. He's a decent midfielder, who's not good enough to be a starter but not that bad that he can't be useful for us as a squad player. Pretty versatile, and has some qualities that could be useful for rotating/coming off the bench. Most teams have players like him who are utility players and teams are generally happy.

For some reason, managers here seem to struggle with a way to fit him into weird positions like RB, LB, RW, etc. in some sort of "he has to play no matter what" mentality, rather than using him as a 4th/5th midfielder like he should be used. Then again, Valverde IMO doesn't even make the 'average' manager cut, so not expecting him to utilize him well this season either.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Valverde just didn't trust Semedo last year. I don't know why, must be with what he saw in training. I hope that he (Semedo) starts more this season.

xXKonan

The way I see it if he can take what he learned from playing RB in the past several years and use his strengths to help limit some of his limitations, I don't think he would be all that bad of a Rakitic/Keita style successor in this team.

I'm not expecting him to be some Arthur, Frenkie or Prime Busi, looking pass and press resistant style player, but if he can sharpen up his positioning in the Midfield I think he will be alright even if he isn't the most talented on the ball compared to the likes of Arthur, Frenkie and Busi.

FinBarcelonafan

The way I see it if he can take what he learned from playing RB in the past several years and use his strengths to help limit some of his limitations, I don't think he would be all that bad of a Rakitic/Keita style successor in this team.

I'm not expecting him to be some Arthur, Frenkie or Prime Busi, looking pass and press resistant style player, but if he can sharpen up his positioning in the Midfield I think he will be alright even if he isn't the most talented on the ball compared to the likes of Arthur, Frenkie and Busi.

Yes. He should be good sub for many positions, but that's what he should be.. A sub.

Home of Barca Fans