2 - João Cancelo

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
As good as he can be, are we sure we want to spend money and sign a 30 year old RB on a long contract?

Messi983

It's being reported they're trying to find a formula so they can sign both Cancelo and Felix, and if Atletico don't budge on Felix they'll try to get him on loan again.

I know but don't want either of them. Just too expensive and way too inconsistent.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Both sides have had a tricky season, so tomorrow’s game will be significant. Cancelo admitted the 2023-24 campaign was not easy for the Catalans.

“Not really. The coach [Xavi] said he’ll leave [at the end of the season], and the team has had highs and lows for the entire season. It’s difficult to explain this dynamic, but football always gives a chance for redemption, which is what a win over Napoli would represent,” the ex-Juventus and Inter defender told Gazzetta.

“Our season would have a different aspect. There are bad and good moments in football and we must remain united and positive.

“Napoli comes to mind, too. Football is a strange sport. Their season has been tough as well. They won the Scudetto playing spectacular football. After that, they had to change coach, but it wasn’t the right one. They changed again, and it didn’t work, so they changed again. It happens. Sometimes, you try to do things, but they don’t work. Napoli have the same pressure to win as Barcelona.”

The Portugal international faced the Partenopei many times in Serie A.

“I’ve always liked Napoli because they are a club with deep roots in the city,” he admitted.

“When I arrived in Italy, Maurizio Sarri was the coach and they played great football. We kept them alive after the first leg. We played greatly in the first half and should have scored more goals. We were superior, but they didn’t do much, and now we are on par.”

Cancelo believes the Catalans should not only focus on Victor Osimhen and Khvicha Kvaratskhelia on Tuesday.

“How about Matteo Politano? They are exceptional talents. Osimhen had a half-chance in the first leg but still found the net. He’s one of the best strikers in the world. There’s more. I like Zielinski, but he is not on the UEFA list and Lobotka. I faced him with Portugal, and he’s a great player.”

Zielinski has been left out of Napoli’s Champions League list as the Poland international won’t extend his expiring contract and is expected to join Inter on a free transfer at the end of the season.

Barcelona talent Lamine Yamal didn’t shine in the first leg two weeks ago, but Cancelo is convinced the 16-year-old has a bright future ahead.

“He is an incredible player. Playing for Barcelona at 16 is not for everybody. He is a special talent, but talent is not enough in football. You need mentality, and, from what I see, Lamine has it. He’ll have a great future if he remains focused and those around him help him keep his feet on the ground. Watch out for Cubarsí and Fermin. The Masia is doing a great job and developing great players.”

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He seems more eloquent than average player.

Season has been an up and down. Ironically, very much like himself.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Cancelo: "I grew admiring to the Barça of Ronaldinho, my idol, for me is a pride dress this T-shirt. And there is not a lot of other clubs to which can go, no? I do not know at all of my future, but would like me remain me here", ensured the side of 29 years.

Home of Barca Fans