2 - João Cancelo

JamDav1982

I think the consensus was that Balde game was always built for first division and not one that excels in shitball pitches.

Xavi should have picked up on his attributes in training before the Alonso pick really.

Just alot of short termism in his transfer choices really. Even when he has an experienced option he doesn't want a high potential rotation pick.

Probably has his eye on Zubimendi for next year and doesnt want to cockblock it, the little greased up sleeze.

It wasnt just Xavi though.

It was the club, Balde himself and other clubs scouting him that did not see that emergence in way happened last summer.

When it did.. Xavi played him a lot and quickly became first choice.

Porque

It wasnt just Xavi though.

It was the club, Balde himself and other clubs scouting him that did not see that emergence in way happened last summer.

When it did.. Xavi played him a lot and quickly became first choice.

I think when to be fair, Xavi sees something he sticks to it. And it seems he has a great eye for talent from TRAINING.

-He didn't want Auba as first choice and made it work.

-Balde as you say.

-He could have easily stuck with Kounde at CB at the expense of free signing Christensen or Araujo.

-Ferran losing his spot

But these are all signs that the SD should definitely overrule him when they spot a signing, and then let Xavi see what he has in training.

So for something like Fabricio convincing all SD metrics or Fresneda being a low risk, high reward signing that fits the Cap, then they absolutely shouldn't need his approval.

As I said though, this Fabricio one does seem clickbait more than anything.

xXKonan

He's played for some of the biggest teams in the world (Inter, Juve, City, Bayern) and under a number of different coaches such as Spalleti, Allegri, Pep, and Tuchel. Which is quite impressive as all four of them have their own way of doing things.

But it seems like despite his incredible talents he has the knack of falling out with basically every manager he's played under which was evident when he was at Valencia as well. He gets dropped due to tactical reasons he cannot handle it like at all.

He would no doubt be an obvious improvement for our RB spot but if the likes of even Pep and Tuchel didn't want to deal with his stinky ass I'm not sure how Xavi is going to handle him at his worst.

JamDav1982

Where has Tuchel said he didnt want to deal with him?

Seemed like Tuchel said opposite and praised him but with Guierro for free they didnt see it worthwhile.

iniestaGOAT

Where has Tuchel said he didnt want to deal with him?

Seemed like Tuchel said opposite and praised him but with Guierro for free they didnt see it worthwhile.

The fact that tuchel didn't say that is a cause for concern.

That man is useless. Bayern will sack him soon.

Raketa10

I hope we sign him. Alternatives are far from Cancelo in terms of quality and experience. Furthermore, I am not even sure how much talent do Fresneda and Martinez possess. However, I am quite sure that Foyth who is an overpriced and mainly defensive RB should not be an option for us.

Porque

Lots of news about an agreement (loan + option to buy)

João Cancelo (29 años) será el próximo fichaje del Barcelona si la operación no sufre un giro radical. Tanto el Manchester City como Barcelona y el defensa están muy cerca de cerrar la operación. De hecho, la idea es que el acuerdo total se alcance a lo largo de la próxima semana. La operación se cerrará bajo la fórmula de una cesión con opción de compra.

---

The RB will get done before any potential Neymar deal.

Deal is fine if it is buy option only. Hopefully take advantage of that to invest in a long term option and let them brew for a year.

Home of Barca Fans