2 - João Cancelo

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

my friend, is being a whiner a Portuguese thing?
Definitely some Ronaldo influence there. His fans dressed up his whining as some form of elite mentality and everyone fell for it, hilariously even most Barca fans.

A whole generation brought up thinking that whining is the best way to separate themselves from the mediocrity around them.

L3v1s

Wasn't he considered the best RB 1-2 years ago? Now people talk as if he's Dest. So reactionary:LOL:

Andresito

Staff member
We're signing him IN HOPE that he will reach his old WC level. It's a gamble and most things unfortunately point to him likely becoming a burden for us in 1-2 years time.

JamDav1982

Cancelo is so good that neither City or Bayern wanted him. I wonder why.

Pep no longer trusted him defensively and the CL tie with Real was beginning of end.

As soon as Pep played him less at beginning of next season he spat the dummy.

Last season Pep went for defenders first and more or less gave up on attacking full backs at all if exclude Stones from RB stepping into midfield.

L3v1s

Probably some attitude problems like everyone here is speculating, but he surely has quality. You also need some experience in the squad, can't play only with hyped up youngsters.

gregorrin10

City don't not want him, it's just a falling out with Pep. And Bayern had a massive 70M option to buy that they were never gonna able to afford, especially not in a summer where their first (and only) priority is getting (and obviously needing to spend big) on a new striker. Many (if not all) Bayern fans were sad when his loan expired and wanted the club to go in and negotiate with City to buy him permanently. I wonder why you're so clueless.

BJJ

BREAKING: Pending further confirmation,
@Record_Portugal reports that Barcelona are CLOSE to signing João Cancelo.
I'd like Cancelo here on a loan but breaking the bank for him is absolutely not worth it.
Xavi is such a pleb and an idiot. He really is clueless. He thinks City have great players so I'll just buy them. He doesn't understand that great coaching can make even a decent player look great. Look at Aje and Akanji. If they came here they would look shit.
I hope City hold the line and maybe agree a loan.
Last thing we need is to spend 40 to 50 million on a right back.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
City don't not want him, it's just a falling out with Pep. And Bayern had a massive 70M option to buy that they were never gonna able to afford, especially not in a summer where their first (and only) priority is getting (and obviously needing to spend big) on a new striker. Many (if not all) Bayern fans were sad when his loan expired and wanted the club to go in and negotiate with City to buy him permanently. I wonder why you're so clueless.

Many if not all Bayern fans? I wonder who those Bayern fans you mentioned were. I watched a fair bit of Bayern games, probably more than most people here and he had a good start and quickly faded away. I think early on many Bayern fans liked his offensive contributions but soon they realized that he simply wasn't good enough defensively. Coupled with his glaring attitude problems when he was dropped and didn't play that much, I think few Bayern fans were upset that they didn't keep him. Clueless? Hardly.

Masetro10

Cancelo blows. This will be another Man City selling trash for cash. We do not need some 29 yr old offensive RB that will be useless in every big game.

Xavi will always play Araujo at RB to stop Vini or whoever is most dangerous. And if he doesn't, Cancelo will get destroyed and start crying like he did at City and Bayern.

He can be good but even if he was he has 3 years max at the top level. Fresneda seems like a good 2nd option but he is super young and inexperienced. Maybe the best option is a other hear of Kounde honestly.

Home of Barca Fans