19 - Vitor Rawke

soul24rage

He needs consistent games in La Liga to improve his technical skills and he won't get that next season with Lewy playing the majority of the games.

Las Palmas under Pimienta is a great idea

khaled_a_d

It is very unlikely that Pimienta will complete next season with Las Palmas. He lived on Valle form early in the season as they had great defensive start, then they returned to normal.
The team is finishing the season badly, this will be the typical Liga fallout, they will fight relegation next year and he will be fired most likely.
Won't consider loaning him to such a situation

Porque

I don't think it is just loyalty.

Xavi wants players who understands his ways already rather than those he has to teach them.
He is throwing same lines he used on Dest, his positioning etc.
I mean Roque came from a counter attacking team who barely keep the ball, of course he needs learning to how he should play in a team with 60%+ possession.

Loaning him won't make sense for Barca as he is unlikely to go to a team with same ideas.
But it makes sense for Xavi, as it will make Roque someone else problem. The "teaching" will come from next coach.

Xavi is showing his biases too though. And part of the job is maximizing the squad with the playersb that don't fit your profile. For example Luuk de Jong who he took a long time to utilisize. And even then, preferred not to keep.

Whatever technical traits that Ferran and Guiu have or show in train that Xavi may prefer. The flaw is that as a centre forward, Roque is superior to both. And has shown that superiority (while being in large a bit shire) over the pair with the first team too.

So there's that.

Lastly, Guiu had a huge impact for the B at the weekend, coming on and turning the game.

But watching that game the thought that got stuck in my mind, was how superior Roque is to that level and how many he would score.

Loki

The idea behind it is probably difficulties to register him. With his fee, barca needs to free a considerable amount in order to be able to register him. Don't forget he could only be registered for half a season because of Gavi's injury. So they have to register him again this summer and the priorities are on other positions I assume, especially on players who can instantly help the team. Together with the fact, that he still needs much time to adapt, they think a loan could be a good idea.

I understand the thought behind it. What I don't understand is the panic buy in a dire financial situation, if you're not 100% convinced of the player.

vuji_31

This club is joke. They sign fraud for 60mil, even we all know Lewa is gonna be starter, then loan him out because you can't register him.
60mil in the wind, while we have so much problems on other positions.

So stupid.

FC B

This club is joke. They sign fraud for 60mil, even we all know Lewa is gonna be starter, then loan him out because you can't register him.

So stupid.
Barca simply can't compete at the top level with such an atrocious management.

serghei

A loan is a good idea. He's too young for us to count on him at the moment. Let's hope Roque will prove himself on loan and then he will help us 2-3 seasons from now.

Let's remember that Vinicius played at Madrid Castilla at first. No manager should force a player that is not ready.

serghei

So stupid.

It's not stupid if the guy turns out to be a top player. The club took a bet on him becoming a top player in the future. Big clubs do this all the time. They sign top talents and then loan them out if they are not ready to play from the get go.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's not stupid if the guy turns out to be a top player. The club took a bet on him becoming a top player in the future. Big clubs do this all the time. They sign top talents and then loan them out if they are not ready to play from the get go.

When is the last time we loaned out a first team player that returned to have a career with us?

Total-Football

Dude is trash and will continue to be trash whether he stayed or got loaned. The way the club is ran is comical. Barca is no more operating as a top club. I for the life of me wanna see the process through which the decision came to sign this dude.

serghei

When is the last time we loaned out a first team player that returned to have a career with us?

Maybe that needs to change. Tbh the club signed few attacking talents at such a young age. We used to sign directly the world's best players until a while ago (it's not a coincidence that this power stopped with the rising of oil clubs in the last decade, clubs using unlimited funds) and the very young players were our own making, like Messi and to a smaller extent Pedro.

This has become necessary since the top players imply a huge cost, a cost that a club with Barca's financing model can not sustain anymore. The club has to adapt to the new reality of football scenery.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans