18 - Oriol Romeu

PacoBJuarez

I don't know much about him, as I'm relatively new and wasn't a fan back when he was with Barca, but I like that he's open to being flexible and playing wherever he's needed, be it in the back or defensively in midfield.

zanela

Romeu, from i've seen of him the past season (and quite significant at that) performs better as a regular starter not coming off the bench (or irregular starts). For me JDS as a backup (which is what we need) is a better option for Barca. Romeu as a CB in a high line would be dreadful.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
If Romeu is brought back, it will simply be as a DM. The club would still need to buy a CB, maybe even buy-back Botia and let Mascherano rotate with Puyol this season and try again next year for a World-Class CB.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Just read this. Yep, 6 months.
Romeu had anterior cruciate reconstruction surgery and medial meniscus repair after suffering a knee injury in the first half of Saturday's win at Sunderland.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Damn that really sucks man, I'm not a Benitez fan but one good thing about his Spanish favouritism is that he was picking Romeu who I believe is going to easily be 10x better than Mikel(who despite playing regularly for years can't manage to get a good run of consistent good form), then he gets this injury. Sucks badly. :(

K

kingleo

Oriol Romeu has agreed terms with Celta Vigo for a loan deal. He just needs Mourinho's permission now. (Faro De Vigo)

Home of Barca Fans