15 - Andreas Christensen

xXKonan

Chelsea bosses expect Andreas Christensen to move to Barcelona in the summer. Many of his teammates also assume so. No one expects a contract extension. The player's camp conveys that a move to Bayern is still possible, but they also talk about and with Barcelona [
@Plettigoal
]

RF20

Banned
Dear Barca fans,

If you have Christensen as the best CB/main CB/Leader of backline at your club, let me you warn you beforehand- you're in trouble.

Christensen is a quality CB but he's the typical second best CB in the squad type.

His tackling, ball winning, comcentation, defensive awareness, marking, tactical awareness are all top notch. But he lacks the agression, physicality, aerial ability and the alpha attitude to be the leader CB. He's pretty good on the ball.

Rudiger fits the bill more although he's definitely better in a back 5 than a 4. Been following him since his Roma days.

While Christensen will be a lovely signing for Barca, you still have to sign a main CB(like a Koulibaly) to play alongside Andres. And Araujo is being very overrated by a chunk of your fanbase. He ain't close to world class.

Regards.😜

iniestaGOAT

Dear Barca fans,

If you have Christensen as the best CB/main CB/Leader of backline at your club, let me you warn you beforehand- you're in trouble.

Christensen is a quality CB but he's the typical second best CB in the squad type.

His tackling, ball winning, comcentation, defensive awareness, marking, tactical awareness are all top notch. But he lacks the agression, physicality, aerial ability and the alpha attitude to be the leader CB. He's pretty good on the ball.

Rudiger fits the bill more although he's definitely better in a back 5 than a 4. Been following him since his Roma days.

While Christensen will be a lovely signing for Barca, you still have to sign a main CB(like a Koulibaly) to play alongside Andres. And Araujo is being very overrated by a chunk of your fanbase. He ain't close to world class.

Regards.😜

We don't need defenders. We just attack.

Which team do you support?

FinBarcelonafan

Dear Barca fans,

Regards.😜

We need second CB. Our quality is pretty horrendous. Garcia isn't good enough, Pique is almost retired and Lenglet/Umtiti are done and Mingueza will be loaned most likely.

Araujo is a starter but he has his ball control issues.

Basically we have Araujo and Garcia. Garcia should be 4th defenseman max. Unless he develops.

Christensen as the third choice would be great. Then signing one world class CB. Legit team.

RF20

Banned
We need second CB. Our quality is pretty horrendous. Garcia isn't good enough, Pique is almost retired and Lenglet/Umtiti are done and Mingueza will be loaned most likely.

Araujo is a starter but he has his ball control issues.

Basically we have Araujo and Garcia. Garcia should be 4th defenseman max. Unless he develops.

Christensen as the third choice would be great. Then signing one world class CB. Legit team.

Exactly. So you agree with my assessment that another CB will be needed after Christensen to make up an elite defense?

Surely Koulibaly is the guy for that?

gregorrin10

Dear Barca fans,

Regards.��

That was always the plan, so I don't know what you're trying to say here. Maybe Koulibaly, maybe Lisandro Martinez from Ajax. Christensen is always meant to replace Lenglet as the first back up, since Garcia might not be ready to be more than the 4th choice. Pique is done, Lenglet and Umtiti will be sold, and Mingueza will be either loaned or sold as well, so we'll need numbers to make up for that. Plus maybe Christensen will surprise us and actually make it to a starting role in time, like he's actually still a starter for your team, even though he's leaving in a few months!? And he's performed very well on the international stage with Denmark as well. Feels this whole post is just you bashing Christensen, because you're salty that he rejected to extend with your club.

As for your take on Araujo. I get it, you watch the PL, and don't watch us regularly, because if you would, you wouldn't say such a stupid thing. The Premier League isn't the only league who has world class defenders. And since we don't comment on your club's players, you shouldn't either, since you don't know what you're talking about. Araujo isn't only close to, but already is world class. He is the glue that is holding our defense together. Why do you think your PL co-best club Liverpool want him? And we know the level Klopp demands from his defenders.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Exactly. So you agree with my assessment that another CB will be needed after Christensen to make up an elite defense?

Surely Koulibaly is the guy for that?

Yah, I don't see Christensen as a #1 or #2 but someone I can rely on occasionally or maybe when he is on form #2.

Not sure if Koulibaly will ever leave.

Home of Barca Fans