15 - Andreas Christensen

Joan

He's a good option. Hot names cbs (Kounde and de Ligt) are not worth the asking price.

fergus90

Shitty free agent moves that don't really improve the squad, just crowd more bodies in (and deprive youngsters of opportunities)
simply to go all out and out for Haaland.

Laporta takes a big L with this, as it's clearly his decision, as he is obsessed with Haaland,
and Allemany just helps him achieve it.

He's better than Mingueza, Lenglet and Umtiti so he 100% improves the squad. Also with Pique probably playing one more season, i expect Barca to spend money on a CB in 2023.

Been more than solid for both Chelsea and Denmark.

mc_lovin

He's a good option. Hot names cbs (Kounde and de Ligt) are not worth the asking price.

Not sure if Kounde is world class or not, but he's brilliant to watch. Pretty much the only CB I genuinely enjoy watching. From an egoistical point of view I badly want him here, he's more fun than Haaland.

Birdy

He's better than Mingueza, Lenglet and Umtiti so he 100% improves the squad. Also with Pique probably playing one more season, i expect Barca to spend money on a CB in 2023.

Been more than solid for both Chelsea and Denmark.

Youngsters I meant Eric Garcia.
We know Araujo is a cert. starter
We know Pique, as long as he doesn't retire and Xavi is the coach, is as well

Then for rotation, Christensen would eat up the minutes of Eric without offering anything more (the contrary IMO)
Then, it think it's time we move from Pique, buy a top-notch CB to replace him and tell him (xavi and the board) to retire and help the team move forward.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Haven't watched him enough, only a little bit when he was at Gladbach, wasn't too impressed.

Is he fast? I am guessing no. Agile enough? Footwork? Positioning? Any attributes that stand out?

vuji_31

It is not about Christiansen and defense, it will be about Fati,Haaland,Auba,Ferran,Adama i Depay scoring more then opponents. It seems we are doing only free transfers and putting money on Haaland as new leader.

Also S.Roberto not renewing is a bigger reward than bringing in Haaland. Roberto,Lenglet,Umtiti,Braithwaite ,Neto, Puig and Wague OUT. No more time for players that are on vacation.

Last edited:

serghei

Good signing, but this doesn't solve the problem of needing a defense general who is the whole package, scoring top marks in leadership and speed. Christensen is just a big improvement from the trainwrecks that are Umtiti and Lenglet.

Catta

As long as we don't lose Araujo because of this transfer, I'm fine with him coming.

The thing that worries me, is that Chelsea plays 3ATB. Will he play as good in Barca or will he be just a slight improvement over Lenglet.

serghei

As long as we don't lose Araujo because of this transfer, I'm fine with him coming.

The thing that worries me, is that Chelsea plays 3ATB. Will he play as good in Barca or will he be just a slight improvement over Lenglet.

He will probably be a big improvement over Lenglet, considering Lenglet is trash.

Home of Barca Fans