14 - João Félix

ajnotkeith

So we don’t have a buy option on any of the Joao’s? Meaning if they do well, we can’t afford to keep them as their price will increase, lol.
Felix I think will be easier to keep. He loves the club and Prem teams have already seen him and not been desperate to transfer him.
Cancelo might be harder, but he's old, so City may accept if we give them a decent fee.

akaranzo

Felix I think will be easier to keep. He loves the club and Prem teams have already seen him and not been desperate to transfer him.
Cancelo might be harder, but he's old, so City may accept if we give them a decent fee.
Other way around imo. Cancelo is never getting back into the City team while Pep is there so they want him gone anyway. Also we generally have good relations with City.

For Felix, Atleti as a direct league rival is just gonna point at the insane 140mil transfer fee, so I don't think we're ever getting him permanently barring a miracle.

Loki

So we don’t have a buy option on any of the Joao’s? Meaning if they do well, we can’t afford to keep them as their price will increase, lol.
It will depend on them. If they only want to play at barca, they can blackmail their clubs, because neither City, nor Atletico wants them anymore. If they block all other offers, there will be no bidding game.

Porque

Cancelo will probably be more open to a Saudi move. He has already played in Spain before at Valencia. So say we win the league, or at a dream the CL, a year at Barca coupled with his age might be enough for him before the Saudi big money.

Horatio

You're welcome
Cancelo will probably be more open to a Saudi move. He has already played in Spain before at Valencia. So say we win the league, or at a dream the CL, a year at Barca coupled with his age might be enough for him before the Saudi big money.

Malasia news group?

JamDav1982

Would guess it will be the opposite and both Cancelo/Felix will fall in love with Barca/City and do all they can to stay.

Cancelo can add to his brand if wins with Barca and get even more form Saudi contract in few years if that way inclined.

mc_lovin

Early fucking days, but I assume its 30-40m for Cancelo and 60-70m for Felix if it comes to that. Over 5 years that's an additional 20m/year for our wage cap. We are at 270m+160m when we get the Barca Studio money (rumoured). Will be close, but doable (+Roque). Maybe have to sell Raphina/Ferran, Ansu?

Last edited:

JamDav1982

They will look to generate more through renewals and run in CL.

That alone could take in tens of millions and more if Atleti/Real go out of CL before Barca.

From there. they will definitely sell players. Fati most likely goes. Lewa may too and Ferran or Raphinha as well now Yamine emerged.

There is a lot of scope for Barca to dramaically improve wage situation next summer without damaging team quality.

I think they would sell Christensen to get Cancelo if thats what it took.

PhilS

Gotta start him, I'm betting he'll score 15 this season. But the most important thing is that we have 5 forwards who are all proving they must play every game.

mc_lovin

Doesn't need to score much if he can nail down the creativity and ball carrying, which we lacked the most from our front-line (specifically from that LAM/LW/left #10 position whatever you want to call it). Raphina, Ferran, Ansu and Lewy are all goalscorers first (with the focus on off the ball movement). Also compared to Lamine whos body is not developed enough to play that part yet (long distance carries).

Was a good move to essentially switch Ansu for him for profile alone.

Home of Barca Fans