14 - João Félix

Loki

He renewed to reduce the amortization amount and I also believe he gave up a good chunk of his salary. Those two factors were probably enough for Atleti to loan him out, remember Simeone was desperate to get rid of him and Felix really wanted the Barca move. It's not a perfect deal for Atleti, but they're better off this way compared to if they kept him to rot on the bench.
Don't forget it's also a big chance to increase his value again if he plays a good year at barca, so they can sell him for a good price next summer. If he stayed at Atletico, he would have devalued further.

Porque

Yeah, Atleti are at their salary cap limit too and needed to wage dump Joao. While Felix didn't want to move to Saudi and wanted Barcelona (like Travolta only wanted Atleti) so it tied their hands.

I'm sure there's a gentleman's fee agreed for Felix should he impress here. But more likely we go for Nico unless Felix plays extraordinarily well. Which I doubt.

Messi983

I'm sure there's a gentleman's fee agreed for Felix should he impress here. But more likely we go for Nico unless Felix plays extraordinarily well. Which I doubt.

Could sign both tbh. Sell Lewy and Raphinha to SA and go with something like Nico/Ansu - Roque/Felix - Yamal/Shark

Very young and unproven but also versatile (like the rest of the team we're building) so would have lot of tactical flexibility.

More likely Xavi will want to sign someone like Morata though.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Not sure why some are trying to find any angle possible to spin this into anything but a tremendous deal for Barca.

I'm not his biggest fan but the options we had coming in off the left side were atrocious. So why not roll a cheap dice with João?

Given the limitations set upon us by Tebas, the window has been an extraordinary success. The first XI looks up there with the best of them.

A better CDM and another elite forward would have completed the team. Boniface and Jefferson Lerma would have been ideal in that regard.

malvolio

Could sign both tbh. Sell Lewy and Raphinha to SA and go with something like Nico/Ansu - Roque/Felix - Yamal/Shark

Very young and unproven but also versatile (like the rest of the team we're building) so would have lot of tactical flexibility.
So 3 flops and 3 kids who are unproven at top level. Nico Williams being the closest to 'the real deal". We're gonna conquer the world for sure.

Not sure why some are trying to find any angle possible to spin this into anything but a tremendous deal for Barca.

I'm not his biggest fan but the options we had coming in off the left side were atrocious. So why not roll a cheap dice with João?

Given the limitations set upon us by Tebas, the window has been an extraordinary success. The first XI looks up there with the best of them.
It's true that this is better than nothing or other options that would have cost more.

'Extraordinary success' when we're fielding an attack of Felix(a very expensive flop) - Lewa(a player verging on retirement going by his current form - Yamal(a kid) + Oriol Romeu as DM. Great job, Laporta!

Porque

More likely Xavi will want to sign someone like Morata though.

I'd say too that Morata is a solid option if we manage to offload Lewandowski to a Saudi team just to take the pressure off of Roque. You run the risk of Xavi using him as starter though.

He is on just 4.7NET, and past his peak. Depends what the Saudi clubs offer though as if interested it will obviously be disproportionate to his market value in Europe.

I really don't see Felix staying, it requires to get the game together that he showed for roughly 6 months at Benfica before Atleti signed him. But hey, would love to see it happen.

And even if he is excellent here, I don't think it builds Atleti's sales leverage too much given he already failed in England. So if we have a [suspected] purchase agreement, it can only be a win-win.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

So 3 flops and 3 kids who are unproven at top level. Nico Williams being the closest to 'the real deal". We're gonna conquer the world for sure.

It's true that this is better than nothing or other options that would have cost more.

'Extraordinary success' when we're fielding an attack of Felix(a very expensive flop) - Lewa(a player verging on retirement going by his current form - Yamal(a kid) + Oriol Romeu as DM. Great job, Laporta!
I agree that the attack is the weakest line of the team, but Vitor will improve that considerably. My man, you seem to have completed ignored the part where I said ' limitations set upon us by Tebas '.

We have the lowest gross spend in the UCL. We have the second lowest in La Liga. We've spent 3.4m and acquired Inigo, Cancelo, Gundo, Oriol and Felix. We've spent another 5m on Faye which looks like it will turn out to be an inspired bet.

Not sure what you were expecting with a transfer budget of 3.4m? Who would you have brought in instead?

Andresito

Staff member
Felix won't stay me thinks.

1. He plays well - we cannot afford him
2. He plays like ass - we don't want him for the minimum 50m Atleti will demand

malvolio

I agree that the attack is the weakest line of the team, but Vitor will improve that considerably. My man, you seem to have completed ignored the part where I said ' limitations set upon us by Tebas '.

We have the lowest gross spend in the UCL. We have the second lowest in La Liga. We've spent 3.4m and acquired Inigo, Cancelo, Gundo, Oriol and Felix. We've spent another 5m on Faye which looks like it will turn out to be an inspired bet.

Not sure what you were expecting with a transfer budget of 3.4m? Who would you have brought in instead?
Vitor is a nobody mate. No one really knows what he's made off. Limitations or not, you can't call our transfer window an 'extraordinary success' when we basically got some scraps. Players at the end of their contracts or careers. We have a weak attack and a gaping hole at DM.

Also our bench is paper thin for a club like Barca. It's basically some unknown kids every week. Can't even remember when it was this bad.

I understand that we try to navigate the current financial climate as best as we can, but the football displayed is very inconsistent. Cancelo, Gundo, Oriol and Felix are unwanted players that we picked up on the cheap and hope that somehow one of them clicks. Tbf, even if I was never a fan, I think Cancelo might be the best deal of the lot.

JamDav1982

Gundo an 'unwanted player'.

How clueless can one person be.

Desperate for Barca to be shite as pines for Messi/Busi etc.

Bench is far from 'paper thin'. In reality is best its been in years.

serghei

Vitor is a nobody mate. No one really knows what he's made off. Limitations or not, you can't call our transfer window an 'extraordinary success' when we basically got some scraps. Players at the end of their contracts or careers. We have a weak attack and a gaping hole at DM.

Also our bench is paper thin for a club like Barca. It's basically some unknown kids every week. Can't even remember when it was this bad.

I understand that we try to navigate the current financial climate as best as we can, but the football displayed is very inconsistent. Cancelo, Gundo, Oriol and Felix are unwanted players that we picked up on the cheap and hope that somehow one of them clicks. Tbf, even if I was never a fan, I think Cancelo might be the best deal of the lot.

The deal is we rolled with these problems like a big team, took it on the chin, moved forward, and won La Liga ahead of Madrid. And if we managed to do it while having holes in the squad and with major financial issues, aspects which I agree with, then winning a big title in these conditions becomes even more important.

Especially when you look at all these mega-rich teams spending hundreds and hundreds of millions and only winning some 2nd rate title if at all.

Home of Barca Fans