14 - Javier Mascherano

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
That picture is slighty deceiving! Mascherano was not so close to winning that ball it was running away from him too fast.

the ball was not only far away but moving away from him beyond reach.

No body spoke about the foul called in Puyol's favor when he fell on his own after he lost the ball near his box. That was the most questionable call there is in this game.

Chainsaw

Killahead
the ball was not only far away but moving away from him beyond reach.

No body spoke about the foul called in Puyol's favor when he fell on his own after he lost the ball near his box. That was the most questionable call there is in this game.

Sure the ball move beyond your reach when you're falling down!

impeh

Hi, its me..
anyone else think mascherano kinda deserves to start the CL final?

he's been awesome as a CB.
obviously id rather abidal did play left back.. but some of his tackling is awesome :jason2:
his whole round game has improved ALOT since joining us.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I would like him to start in the final due to how brilliant he's been since arriving, the only thing though is who can he replace if everyone is fit? Only Busquets springs to mind but Sergio will definately get the nod ahead of Mascherano

gimmick

Yes, he has played excellent in recent weeks, but if Abi and Puyol are both fit, they have to start.

It will be tough on Masch, but no time for sentiment, the best team has to be put out.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
excuse my language but the man can just fucking tackle like no1 else... he was destroying everything yesterday what a freaking signing

who would have thought he would be so important for us after the first half the season...

Pedram123

We will lose the finals if Mascherano starts at CB, mark my words.
He'll lose us all the ariel battles...
Infact, the copa del rey winning goal was because of Mascherano being no where to seen - I don't blame Adriano that much, he tried - But mascherano wasn't even at his CB position! Pique was there, eAdriano was there (since he was marking CR7 supposedly) but where the heck was Mascherano?
I love this guy, and I think he's extremely useful at DM and also at CD when we play smaller teams.

yeswecan

with Busquets probably owning DM role for many years , Why don't we think about Mascherano - Pique as defensive due for almost next 4 seasons ?

Chainsaw

Killahead
We will lose the finals if Mascherano starts at CB, mark my words.
He'll lose us all the ariel battles...
Infact, the copa del rey winning goal was because of Mascherano being no where to seen - I don't blame Adriano that much, he tried - But mascherano wasn't even at his CB position! Pique was there, eAdriano was there (since he was marking CR7 supposedly) but where the heck was Mascherano?
I love this guy, and I think he's extremely useful at DM and also at CD when we play smaller teams.

It was more about Dani Alves falling behind of Di Maria than anyone's else mistake. Can't expect much defensively from brazilian SBs though.

Yugi

Any opinions ?

it´s not his natural position, he should absolutely play as DM at Copa and come as sub sometimes because Busquets isn´t robot.
but as he said before he doesnt expect to start at Barca 11 and he is OK with his sub role

DucdeOrléans

Why? Mascherano will play plenty regardless of him playing next to Pique or not.

Can't see it happening. Maybe as a second option, but not as a regular.

Nah, we need to buy Kompany/Sakho/Thiago Silva (won't happen) but either pairing would be excellent for years to come. But Puyol stil have 2-3 seasons left.

Home of Barca Fans