14 - Javier Mascherano

JAMAIN

Awesome Awesome signing for us...

Although I love the fact we are brining so many players from the youth system our goal isn't to count how many we got in the first team. Our goal is to win Europe and win the league every year. Mascherano is a player that will help us achieve that. He add steal and adds bite. He is a player the best attackers in the world do not like playing against. He will also give Guardiola options...imagine a double pivot with Masch and Busquet's for example (if he ever had to go there). I like this move. I like it a lot. He will be a Makelele type presence in cutting out passes, winnning the ball back and feeding Xaviesta...it's going to be nice.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Getting a proper DM would properly b d best decision... You would have your usual 3 man MF with Masch or Busi as lone DM. If Xavi is to be rested play Masch as DM, Busi/Keiteee as BTB & Iniesta as primary play-maker. If Iniesta to be rested play Messi as AM(he has been really impressive in WC in that role) or Keiteee or give chances to youngsters.

Its all fine we would have numerous options, but the problem is that the Don is too injury prone; we had same options with Yaya too and Pep never seemed to be willing to go for them(the 1 or 2 times he did he was forced to, as Xavi was out injured and he had no other option available!!) You would think Xavi will b able to get some rest with so many options at his disposal but I seriously doubt Pep would risk not playing him, even against minnows!!

D

Diego Milito

I think that he will fit in well, joining Barca is the best choice for him because with Xaviesta he could improve his play style. Without doubt he is the best defensive midfielder available to replace Yaya, sounds incredible that we can get him for 15 + Hleb.

KluivertsBoots

It could be a few days until it is official. Barcelona and Liverpool would have to tie up several items at the table in order to make a deal like this concrete. Hleb has to sort out his demands with Pool and that will be the hardest part of the entire deal I bet.

The deal just makes too much sense for these clubs for it not to happen. Ozil was a luxury signing and that is why Pep rejected it. This one is much more practical.

Seamus

he could never be a replacement for xavi, but he would allow for busquets to push further up the pitch if needs be.

Read what i said again, Mascherano would be good COVER for Xavi if Xavi got injured!!

Reckon its a done deal too only matter of time

nebeer

Love is All
Mascherano would be an awesome signing. He would make the team more complete. With him in the midfield the attackers would feel much more secured and relaxed to build up moves.

Seamus

Horrible player. His tackles are maybe good, but every other aspect of his game is bad. I don't like him at all. He will just bring red cards and disbalance in the team.
Ah come on he's not that bad in fairness!! He is quiet a good passer of the ball and we need someone like him who can break up opposition attacks with force!!

if he does come to barca he will be like van bommel, who we should have kept anyway he is a great DM.
Haha van Bommel is a disgrace!!

Home of Barca Fans