14 - Javier Mascherano

JAMAIN

20M seems to be the going rate. If that is so, Rosell must pull his finger out and buy!
He is the best defensive midfielder going around not named Yaya Toure and he would add much depth, competitiveness and steel to the coming long season ahead. We need to snap up this deal asap...

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
20m seems to be the going rate. If that is so, rosell must pull his finger out and buy!
He is the best defensive midfielder going around not named yaya toure and he would add much depth, competitiveness and steel to the coming long season ahead. We need to snap up this deal asap...

sergio busquets :)

JAMAIN

I think Busquet's is good, a real wonder and credit to la masia, however, he will need competition and after a long world cup won't have the legs to play out the whole season. I also worry that with having won everything guys like Busquet's and Pique will grow slack. Mascherano is exactly what we need to keep Busi on his toes and add depth to the squad. Mascherano brings the fire and the bite that is missing ini this midfield right now.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
They don't need to sell to buy. They don't need to buy either, though.

has moratti not said they will neeed to sell to buy?

I think Busquet's is good, a real wonder and credit to la masia, however, he will need competition and after a long world cup won't have the legs to play out the whole season. I also worry that with having won everything guys like Busquet's and Pique will grow slack. Mascherano is exactly what we need to keep Busi on his toes and add depth to the squad. Mascherano brings the fire and the bite that is missing ini this midfield right now.

no mascherano will want to be 1st choice. and if he was, Busquets wouldnt play as much, so would be bad for his development, Senna is Ideal, Experienced, competitive back up, allows Sergio to Grow, Also allows Oriol to learn from him aswell as Busquets for a couple ofyears until he steps up to 1st team

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Senna experienced true but competetive back-up!? I really doubt it

Not that I'm supporting Masch's move though

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
No he did say they won't buy if they don't sell but that doesn't mean they need to sell to buy, it just means they don't need to buy unless they sell someone and have to replace him.

jamrock

In away his time for a barca move has passes, as last season when we were linked with him it was for him to come in a walk right into the first XI as a yaya replacement, but due to how busquets has progress a DM of his class isn't really needed, But at that price and given that fact that we need a DM, I say buy buy buy.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Senna experienced true but competetive back-up!? I really doubt it

Not that I'm supporting Masch's move though

We don't need someone as good as Busquets to provide him competition, all we really need is someone that can fill in when needed and let Busquets know that when he starts playing like shit there's someone that can play there instead. Or else it'll end up like the RB position where we didn't really have a real back-up for Alves and his form dropped, because really no matter how bad he plays, he's the only RB we have so he'll play there.

JAMAIN

In away his time for a barca move has passes, as last season when we were linked with him it was for him to come in a walk right into the first XI as a yaya replacement, but due to how busquets has progress a DM of his class isn't really needed, But at that price and given that fact that we need a DM, I say buy buy buy.

I agree. Mascherano is needed because if you do not refresh your squad each year by adding depth and new dimensions things go stale. Busquet's is great, he just won the world cup which is fantastic. He should consider himself first choice right now...but not without competition. We need to grasp the fact that we lost the best DM in the world in the transfer market this year in Yaya Toure. Placing a has-been like Senna or rushing someone on from Barca B is not the best situation for Busquet's or our title chances. Barca need depth in this position to win the treble again...that is our ultimate goal every year...not counting how many players we have from the youth setup...

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Actually, we didn't lose the best DM in the world in the transfer market because, as showed last season, Yaya wasn't able to find a place in the starting eleven and we got a banging 30 something millions for a bench player, so it's a win-win situation...

However, I do agree we need a backup DM, Senna doesn't seem so good to me and Masch seems like overkill for a backup... We need a decent and experienced squad player, so my vote goes to Gilberto Silva or even Gattuso, hahahahaha...

Home of Barca Fans