10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid90

a)If only Messi scores (why he is not giving assists, he is not running for 90 minutes and why the rest of the team are not scoring)conclusion - Barca are a one man team.
b)If Messi assists(why he is not scoring anymore) conclusion - lost his touch in front of the goal
c)If condition a and b are not met then Messi is done and dusted. Conclusion-should sell him ASAP.

As Tata Martino aptly put coaching Messi is a thankless task and thanks to Senor Pep for creating this monster.

F

Flavia

Hellsangel has a point. Messi was a lot quieter yesterday in the first half, did not have a dribble won until the second half and was different from his more lively performance in the first two games. And we all know Messi could do more off the ball.

However, hellsangel, don't be overly critical after one game. Has it occurred to you that he is recovering from an injury, after all? He was not going full throttle.
He was quieter because he was coming back from injury, as you said. The overburden might have occurred because he pressed a lot on the other games.

People often forget Messi has been playing nonstop for years. Since 2008 he hardly rests. That takes its toll on the body. As much as it doesn't look like, he is human.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Hellsangel has a point. Messi was a lot quieter yesterday in the first half, did not have a dribble won until the second half and was different from his more lively performance in the first two games. And we all know Messi could do more off the ball.

However, hellsangel, don't be overly critical after one game. Has it occurred to you that he is recovering from an injury, after all? He was not going full throttle.

He was moving around well enough yesterday but both Rico and Iturraspe were marking him very tightly. He was also missing two key players that help him get more involved and activated in Alves and Neymar. Montoya didn't offer him a partner to link up with and he can't form a deadly duo with Pedro so his best moments were in tandem with only Munir and Rakitic (Iniesta did have a very quiet game). In the 2nd half the tightness of his man-markers died down a bit naturally and Neymar came on, as a result allowing him to wreak havoc at full level. He had less touches against Athletic due to the limitations posed in the 1st half but by the end his overall impact was pretty much the same as the previous two matches.

I

instinct

10641198_923734210988595_5904210822180764778_n.jpg

alex88bg

@ hellsangel
So i am an idiot...Alrite
You did make this Leo vs Diego and now you are pulling out because others have grabbed your ass for coming here with something big to prove because you were tense or something god knows what.
I am sorry when i open this forum i read posts because this is the FORUM i cant chose what i read just like that so stop with those childish arguments.
And i am sorry but i can speak the hell i want about Leo having watched every single of his games (ARG,BAR) over the years and even preseason ,but i wont beacuse thats not the point,its just your stupid comparison annoyed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans