10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Messi is past his prime. There's no denying that IMO. The days when he tore teams apart with performances like the Arsenal one in 2010 are gone. That doesn't mean he's not a great player anymore. Time to accept it and move on. He's not injured, he has declined. Simple as that.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Not to fear, I never make a save in a penalty shootout...but I'm a cheeky dribbler too

BsIKROWCQAEvVCh.jpg

dakt

No doubt in my mind that Leo is the best ever. However, he needs to fuking run more. It's just silly to watch him walk with the ball 2m away from him.
I mean, how can any discussion evolve out of that...it's just something you have to do. If he had been more eager, we would have seen more chances from him on this WC.
I don't know how that is not so obvious. Have some of you ever played the game???

Gaudi

I know it's not the best time, after great win, and I trully hope Messi takes Arg all the way so everyone realise who is the best of all time, but!
There is a but, he's not 100%, I'm pretty sure everyone see that. I was looking forward for last night match to compare him and Robben, and you have stats on offical page. Robben has similar role, he is their "magic" man, he's also older than Messi but he looks much fitter. Without being 100% fit every other aspect of the game suffers, including moments of magic we all know Messi can produce. He is for just a second slower, just a second slower dribbling, slower first step, he's finishing can be just a little off...I trully belive fitness is a must these days. Now, all this rumbling has more or less nothing to do with this WC as there is only final left, but I'm talking about Barca and season ahead.
I'm sorry I just dont buy "saving himself" line, don't know what is the reason.

Last edited:

dakt

I seen some chances where he could run into an empty space easily and he just continued to walk. I was pissed at him at such moments...:angry:

ammarfcb

ze special one
messi was a poor man's yossi benyoun yesterday. i love him and want him to win the wc too but don't lie about him playing at a messi level. he hasn't done that in 2 years (inb4 HUR DUR ANNUAL YEAR GOAL RECORD).

L

linetty

messi was a poor man's yossi benyoun yesterday. i love him and want him to win the wc too but don't lie about him playing at a messi level. he hasn't done that in 2 years (inb4 HUR DUR ANNUAL YEAR GOAL RECORD).

Messi_Goal

It wasn't his best game last night but he is in the final of the World Cup and it will be the biggest game of his career....
The stage is set for Messi to give his best ever performance.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Two reasons Messi needs to win this.

1. Achieve GOAT status
2. He can finally fully focus on FCB.

We all know that if he loses this, it will haunt him for a while.

Juan03

It's annoying watching him walk when there is space to be exploited. Like it was mentioned a few pages back I think he lost a lot of his stamina. Hopefully with more fitness training he can improve it. He needs to leave to leave everything on the pitch next sunday. Vamos Argentina, vamos Leo!

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Haven't really followed Luchos career but is it true he's a fitness maniac? If so he could be the man to sort Messi's fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans