10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
The difference, Jona, is that there is a precedent with CR whereas Messi's behavior has not been open to misinterpretation - he's a team player...Jumping on a rumour that stands in stark contrast to how someone has historically conducted themselves publicly is irrational and simultaneously giving truth to a journalist who is so consistently wrong is willfully ignorant

I'm not jumping on any rumor, if you read my post above I think it's BS, but that doesn't mean it is. Using Occam's Razor the story would be BS, but none of us know Messi, he could have an even worse behaviour in private thqn Ronaldo from what we know. We can only judge him from face value.

Balague probably asked Pep, or told him he was gonna do it. But I really doubt Pep had any involvement other than that. And sorry if I hit a nerve, but that's what you do here often. Trying to prove the world is made of arrogant people like cronaldo, that no one can be humble, etc etc.

To be honest mate Ronaldo isn't actually arrogant in definition we use, what he displays is performance arrogance, which MIGHT not necessarily a bad thing. Who does Ronaldo think he is? Better than everyone else? Well, yes, actually. When it comes to football, he is demonstrably better than just about anyone else. But that is not arrogance, its actually just a description of reality. For Ronaldo to say, no, I'm not the best in the world would actually be disingenuous.

This is where Messi fits in, he KNOWS he is one of the best players in the world, he probably thinks about it everyday. "Oh yeah, 3 Ballon D'Or's bitches!". But there is nothing wrong with this, he's absolutely right. He doesn't come out with it like Ronaldo does because he would be labelled as arrogant, when he's not. Same as the likes of Tiger Woods, Nadal and Vettel, they would have to be in some major form of denial to not know their the best in their profession.

I don't really expect people to understand this, they'll just resort to bringing out the Messi hater card.

RM 1 - 3 Barcelona
1354048359_extras_albumes_0.jpg

Then the 2nd Leg happened :cry:

Last edited:

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
Knowing how The Zlatman is, would have expected him to be way more vocal about Messi and hate on him instead of praise him from Milan and only hate on the bald guy... Unless he had no idea about Messi being the cause for Pep to dismantle his role like that and get rid of him so soon.

The whole world was echoing the fact that Ibra was not really working well with the Barca style..etc his goals went dry in the second half of the season also...etc it was only due to obvious reasons, no need for that conspiracy since there was enough motive for Pep, plus Ibra's attitude probably made things easier, Personally i would have like Ibra to stay and go for another season.. oh well.

In the book, he said he liked Messi. But he also said something about Messi feeling bad about Ibra "coming to his house, taking his bed", or something like that...

MMKa

Messi Biography? This is Guardiola's I'm talking about. Is there a Messi biography? I would buy that.

There are many. Luca Caioli's Messi is very good. Then you can buy an E-Book in Leo Messi foundation's webstore, Messi - The Football Glory (just couple of euros). Champion Striker: The Lionel Messi Story by Jeremy V. Jones. Swedish Messi - den han är by Illugi Jökulsson. Leonardo Faccio: Messi. Obregn Lionel Messi, Carlos Sosa Lionel Messi and you can google more.

The Messi Mystery (by Alex Juillard & Sebastian Fest) is the one we are talking about having that controversial quote.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I'm not jumping on any rumor, if you read my post above I think it's BS, but that doesn't mean it is. Using Occam's Razor the story would be BS, but none of us know Messi, he could have an even worse behaviour in private thqn Ronaldo from what we know. We can only judge him from face value.

That was some nonsensical drivel there, Jona, which amounted to a fallacy...Because we don't have evidence of it, he might be anyway?...Son, that's no way to go through life

To be honest mate Ronaldo isn't actually arrogant in definition we use, what he displays is performance arrogance, which MIGHT not necessarily a bad thing. Who does Ronaldo think he is? Better than everyone else? Well, yes, actually. When it comes to football, he is demonstrably better than just about anyone else. But that is not arrogance, its actually just a description of reality. For Ronaldo to say, no, I'm not the best in the world would actually be disingenuous.

Look up arrogance, he's the definition...And it's evidenced by most of what he does, on & off the pitch and is criticized in many corners - even among Madridistas...So peddle your nonsense elsewhere

This is where Messi fits in, he KNOWS he is one of the best players in the world, he probably thinks about it everyday. "Oh yeah, 3 Ballon D'Or's bitches!". But there is nothing wrong with this, he's absolutely right. He doesn't come out with it like Ronaldo does because he would be labelled as arrogant, when he's not. Same as the likes of Tiger Woods, Nadal and Vettel, they would have to be in some major form of denial to not know their the best in their profession.

You are on one helluva wum streak, manufacturing scenarios with zero basis in fact - all in your head

I don't really expect people to understand this, they'll just resort to bringing out the Messi hater card.

It'd have to make sense or at least be based on some evidence to be understood...Your posts read like someone who is heavily medicated

DennyCrane

The Messi Mystery (by Alex Juillard & Sebastian Fest) is the one we are talking about having that controversial quote.

Pep Guardiola could barely believe his eyes. Sat on the Barcelona bus alongside friend, confidant and club colleague Manel Estiarte, the Catalan coach had just received a surprising SMS.
But this was no ordinary text. No. The melancholic message was from Lionel Messi. The Argentine, sat several rows back, was suffering in silence. Unable to express himself with direct dialogue, he took to typing and technology to get his viewpoint across.

Seems legit.

David Villa, who later replaced Ibrahimovic at Camp Nou, was told in no uncertain terms upon his arrival that he should avoid competing with Messi. At first he tried to, but later he understood and was soon left in awe by the astonishing Argentine.

:facepalm: Alex, Sebastian and Ben make a nice ménage à trois. Alex and Sebastian pull stuff out of their asses, Ben refines it and gives it some extra flavour with a few random Zlatman quotes with no context whatsoever and the mandatory and unavoidable "Messi hates Villa - Villa hates Messi - Villa is being held back - dark forces rule the club" encore. Sports- journalism at its best.

DennyCrane

Please tell me your joking, because I cannot believe that someone could be that stupid. The only WUM here is you, making a utterly pointless post which have nothing to do with the discussion. I wasn't even talking to you anyway, so stop sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong.

Now jog on son.

What the fuck are you on, I wasn't answering your post.

Manuel Traquete

Pep Guardiola could barely believe his eyes. Sat on the Barcelona bus alongside friend, confidant and club colleague Manel Estiarte, the Catalan coach had just received a surprising SMS.
But this was no ordinary text. No. The melancholic message was from Lionel Messi. The Argentine, sat several rows back, was suffering in silence. Unable to express himself with direct dialogue, he took to typing and technology to get his viewpoint across.

Seems legit.

David Villa, who later replaced Ibrahimovic at Camp Nou, was told in no uncertain terms upon his arrival that he should avoid competing with Messi. At first he tried to, but later he understood and was soon left in awe by the astonishing Argentine.

o8a9v.gif

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Lol guys, mix up here, my post after Dannycranes post was meant to be posted on the Skyrim forum, my bad.

#headsgone

@Dannycrane it wasen't meant to be directed at you mate, sorry about that. That medication FCBarca is talking about is taking it's toll. :troll:

Now for the real reply

@FCBarca

Welcome to my ignore list, I cannot abide reading the posts of ignorants who fail at reading comprehension. I do not want your ineptitude passing to me as there can only be so many fools in this world. Don't bother replying because I will not see it, and will not open it. You have the honour of joining the great Jiopi on my list, so you will not be alone. Farewell sir.

Last edited:

ryuken

I dont understand the need to write that many sentences just to inform someone that he is ignored, really.

ricknattery

Balague probably asked Pep, or told him he was gonna do it. But I really doubt Pep had any involvement other than that. And sorry if I hit a nerve, but that's what you do here often. Trying to prove the world is made of arrogant people like cronaldo, that no one can be humble, etc etc.

spot on, the guy believes himself a "Cristiano Ronaldo" at least the portuguese is a top footballer, wonder what he has on him to believe acting as arrogant as CR is justified

poldep

Balague is trying to sell his book. All he talks about on twitter is his book. And he knows this shit sells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans